Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #1

Question New to me 2002 25RLSS

Newbie here. Just sold our popup a while ago and found a good used Salem 25RLSS. We have it in the driveway checking everything out and for the life of me I cannot get the furnace to light on this thing. The fan comes on and you can hear the DSI try to ignite it but no go. I took the tanks in today and had both of them filled. Hooked them up performed the purge cycle then lit all three burners on the stove for a while then tried the furnace multiple times again with no luck. Then I turned on the fridge and operated it on gas and it appeared to be working. What am I missing here?
jstarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:49 PM   #2

I had the same problem, everything worked but it never fired. I pulled out the furnace unit. I had heard about dirt dauber/mud dauber but gee whiz...mine was badddddd...
Those nasty things went in through the exhaust vent and made a mess of my furnace.
I cleaned thier mess up and I have enjoyed my furnace since.
Hope that helps, btw most camper places will do the clean up for you.
dwnbylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #3

Good call. I just got it put back together last night and all is working fine without those daubers in the furnace. All I can figure is that they restrict airflow enough to keep it from lighting. thanks for the help.
jstarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #4

Glad to here you can get warm now...lol. Happy camping!
dwnbylaw is offline   Reply With Quote