Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2017, 01:49 PM   #21
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
BECAUSE...
the dealer did not notice and report them when the unit arrived on their lot for sale.
If that's the way the factory deals with these items then the dealers should be doing a thorough inspection upon delivery of each unit or very shortly afterwards, and before any potential customer ever sets foot in them. I doubt that that happens at most dealerships but I have heard that the better ones do a general inspection upon delivery, a more thorough inspection shortly thereafter and then a full PDI before your walkthrough. If I were the owner of the dealership I wouldn't want to have a unit with significant defects sitting on my lot for months before they find those significant defects and then have to haggle with the factory about what they delivered to me.

Philos3 suggested you insist on an electrical schematic. I've never heard of the manufacturer providing that, nor a copy of the blueprints identifying where all the structural members are so you know where to fasten anchors. I seriously doubt you'll get that information.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:08 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
If that's the way the factory deals with these items then the dealers should be doing a thorough inspection upon delivery of each unit or very shortly afterwards, and before any potential customer ever sets foot in them. I doubt that that happens at most dealerships but I have heard that the better ones do a general inspection upon delivery, a more thorough inspection shortly thereafter and then a full PDI before your walkthrough. If I were the owner of the dealership I wouldn't want to have a unit with significant defects sitting on my lot for months before they find those significant defects and then have to haggle with the factory about what they delivered to me.
totally agreed and when the dealership misses points like trim thats too short as in the original post or scratches which are in places where they are done at most likely at the factory level or by dealership persons the company and dealership should not be making the end user get down on bended knee and beg to have them corrected.

I forgot to mention to check all your doors for fit and finish, look in areas where different lighting will show damages. we initially missed the sliding door screen and with the lights turned on inside they were noticeable at an angle. the outside shower door was warped as well - 2 things that the dealer should have seen. both factory issues due to the scratches were in behind the factory applied decal.

if they give you an hour to check it over TAKE 2.
check all doors for fit and finish

Turn on the stove,
turn on the oven,
run the fridge / the freezer
run the water heater,
run the taps - all of them! hot and cold.
run the HWT on electric and propane.
take a bag of microwave popcorn and pop it in the microwave.
bring a small TV or ask them for a TV to plug into the electrical and bring a DVD to watch for 5 minutes.
bring in a cd to listen to the speakers.
play the radio
try to pick up antenna channels on the tv.
check the toilet flush mechanism
open and close roof vents
open and close windows

check tire pressures... mine on the 2 new trailers were 40 lbs and the first set beat their treads to death on 2500 miles bringing it home (first time buyer)

am i missing anything guys?

oh and make sure that with the holding tank for water is semi filled - engage the water pump and open a tap, shut off the tap and ensure the pump turns off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	embedded scratches.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	130795   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161008_080023_resized.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	130796  
Old 02-27-2017, 08:39 PM   #23

Make them fix it BEFORE it leaves theeir lot. They don't get paid til you depart with it. The leveage is ALL in your court!

IF you leave, the leverage turns to them because they will delay, delay, delay.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:09 PM   #24

If you already signed the papers and paid , it is yours. Never sign anything until you are satisfied. Good Luck
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:49 PM   #25
Just as confused as you

The pics make it look as though it's been a rental or used by an employee for the weekend. I have a neighbor who works as a parts manager for a chevy dealer. Several times a year he will bring home a new truck to use for the week or weekend. I don't think he owns the cars he or his wife drives. New ones every year.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote