Old 08-01-2015, 03:59 PM   #21

[QUOTE=Tom48;941663]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
Florida is a big state...

If nobody is around, then getting a bottle jack to jack up the frame (not the axle between the sides of the tires) will bring up the low side so you can then put the boards under the tires.

Why would you jack the frame rather than the axle? First my frame is a LITE and only reinforced where there are load points so jacking the frame is limited, but I lift the axle and the bottle jack only has to lift about half inch to take the tire off the ground, then what ever more is needed to block as high as I need to block it. Seems that the travel to lift on the frame would have to include 4 to 6 inched of lifting and decompressing the springs. Isn't easier to lift at the Axle.

Thanks for your thoughts on this. Tom
From what I understand that makes sense. But I have read that there are certain points that you want to put the jack. Putting it straight on the axle could cause damage from what I know. And maybe you would want to put it on both axles. It's a shame that someone with a truck couldn't pull it forward 3 feet, put in the blocks, drive it back 3 feet and done.

EDIT: Oops! I posted same time original poster was posting with the resolve to the problem. Disregard this post!

Old 08-01-2015, 04:15 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacipi View Post
Thank you all for your input. Another long day, but I drove over to the dealership this morning, ran into one of the salesman who came to help them set it yesterday and decided to take the nice approach and just say, hey, guess what WE forgot to do? Long story short, he is coming to move it level himself. I really wish it didn't turn out to be such a fiasco. I bought it a month ahead of time, called them to make sure we were all set for the date, etc. Bought everything I needed, couldn't have been much more prepared. As for naming the dealership, I don't want to do that just yet. If you are local it's not hard to figure out, there's only one really big one around here. Hopefully everything will be fixed up and ready to start on the outside so we can move in. This is a whole new life for us and I just want it to be as homey and comfortable as is possible in one of these. Thanks for all your help folks, much appreciated. I did have to run off in the middle of the night, after you guys started posting and shut the slides and turn off the appliances. Newbie mistake.
That sounds like it's going to work out.

What you will probably find once it's all level and you have the stabilizers down is that it won't be completely stable. Even though you have the stabilizers down the axle area will provide a little bounce. there are many methods for better stabilization including stabilizer bars http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...stabilizer.htm, jacks Ultra Stacker Jacks, Set of 4 - Ultra-Fab 48-979004 - Stabilizing Jacks - Camping World, etc. I find the jacks to be easy to use since no modification needed. In your case you put them in front of the front wheel and just behind the back wheel, on patio blocks. Screw up the thread until it just touches the frame. Be sure not to screw then up any higher., Just touches the frame.

And a thought. Not to put water on your fire but I question the longevity of the trailer sitting on the tires, not being moved, for 3 years. For sure you will want to cover the tires from sun damage and maybe check the air pressure every 3 months or so. Just a thought.

Old 08-01-2015, 04:26 PM   #23

Thank you. I have the covers and good idea to check the air pressure routinely.

Also, thank you for the links to the stabilizers. Didn't realize it was something you need near the tires. Very helpful info.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:32 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacipi View Post
Thank you. I have the covers and good idea to check the air pressure routinely.

Also, thank you for the links to the stabilizers. Didn't realize it was something you need near the tires. Very helpful info.
You might not need the stabilizers depending on several factors so if you get it all set up and walk around and it's OK to you, then good. But if it feels 'loose' then look for more stabilization.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:37 PM   #25

probably best just to get them, a steardier feel couldnt' hurt
Old 08-01-2015, 04:42 PM   #26
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

One thing to do also is use some blocking under the stabilization jacks. This makes the jacks stay more spread out and will help the stabilization also. Later RJD
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:16 PM   #27

Maybe you slide out guys can help with the procedure to level. I think I heard some of you agree that leveling a tiny bit high on the slide side will be taken up and level when the slide goes out. Or I think you said, if you start level then put the slides out you may tilt toward them a bit. Help her with detail as we will not be there to help and evidently she has no truck so RE LEVELING may be out of her reach after the sales man comes out once to help. Cudo's to the salesman if he follows through and handles this.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:22 PM   #28

As crazy as your situation sounds and as mad as I would be at the dealer, you need these.

BAL Light Trailer Tire Leveler - $64.88
Old 08-01-2015, 08:36 PM   #29
Site Team

Many times the owners/managers of RV parks have an HD truck with hitch to move units in and out of storage on site. You might also check with the owner manager and see if they can assist. If you can get an 8 ft 2x4 that is fairly straight, you can sit one end on high side in front of tires and the other end on the low side in front of the tires. Try various combos of height of pavers etc under the low side under the 2 x 4 to get the 2 x 4 level. This is the combo of blocks that should be a good starting place.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:57 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
As crazy as your situation sounds and as mad as I would be at the dealer, you need these.

BAL Light Trailer Tire Leveler - $64.88
Those are a great concept but only for single axle trailers.

Tags