Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #1

Newbie w/ a question

First of all hello, my name is Steve and I am looking to buy a 5th wheeler. I am currently looking at a 2014 Salem Hemisphere 366BH. MSRP is 58K and I have them down to 35K. Good deal for this model? Is this a good 5th wheel to buy? Any input appreciated.

Thanks
F350FIREMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum!

Discounts of 30 -35% off MSRP is quite normal...if you're lower than that, exceptional. Watch that the dealer isn't fudging the MSRP for the camper. You should be able to find MSRPs on-line from other dealers for comparison.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #3

Seems to be a consistent MSRP for the way this one is equipped comparing it to others that have the same options.
F350FIREMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
Oklahoma Proud

I was quoted $39,999 on the Heritage Glen (your wildwood twin) that we looked at last week and its msrp was $53,278 without freight.
I did not try to haggle at all, just asked them how much since we are just shopping and will have to order to get exactly what we want, in a couple months.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #5

I'm a newbie also, so my answer is only based on less than a years experience. I bought a well cared for 2007 Salem 336 with a bunk room, have had it out several weekends, and made one 2500 mile trip. I think if I had it to do over I might look at a slightly higher end model. On the few minor repairs I've made everything I saw looked like it was made out of the lightest, most inexpensive material possible. The exterior walls seem sturdy, but the interior walls are extremely flimsy. On one trip, the bunk room closet rod tore out of the plastic fitting and fell (This could have been more a testament to the weight of my wife's clothes than the quality of the fitting). At any rate, we have really enjoyed the Salem, but wish we had bought shorter and sturdier.
ldmoss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #6
Oklahoma Proud

Idmoss1, that was kindof the impression we had of the heritage glen 356qbq, and the 366bh. We liked the layouts but compared to the sabres we had looked at the HG seemed to feel "cheaper" but thats just us. Loved the 366bh layout, but that was just how we felt about them.
Im sure they are pretty decent trailers though, and they were in our top 5.

Ps. The heritage glen and hemispheres are identical, except for colors and little trim patterns
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags