Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #1

Ordered a new 346QBUD - tell us about yours.

We ordered a 346QBUD Salem Hemisphere; expecting delivery late Aug. early Sept. Anything we should know before we hit the road? Comment welcomed. Thanks, DJT
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #2

Congratulations on your new purchase I have a 2013 346Qbud and we love it. We added a extra ac unit in the master suite and the entire trailer keeps nice and cool. The only problem that I have experienced is when I am flushing the black water tanks I drain the back line first then the gray tank then move to front black tank and when I open the cap fluid comes out but not very long still trying to figure this out.
Incognito4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:18 AM   #3

We purchased our 2013 346QBUD in May and we love the layout but we have had a couple issues with it. The first issue was the grey water leaking from the front drain line as mentioned in a previous note. The water is coming from the 1.5" line that appears to be coming from the sink in the back washroom kitchen. The second issue was with the sky light over the couch. The some shape kept rubbing the side of the camper when the slide moves in and out. On our second camping trip it was raining and rain water leaked in around the sky light over the couch resulting in a large water stain on the couch because of course these things never happen when you are in the camper. The third issue is with the front landing gear popping fuses and finally the propane tank door won't shut properly after they were removed to get filled for the first time. The sky light was replaced with a flat piece of acrylic and seem to be working so far. We were told the front landing gear issue with it popping fuses was fixed but the first trip out after the issue was fixed the fuse popped again. The dealer only replaced the 30 amp fuse with a 40 amp fuse. We are working with the dealer to try to get these issues fixed but not having much luck as of yet. I will keep you posted.
dlhigdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #4

So we have our grey water leak fixed, the dealer just put a gate valve on the grey water line that goes behind the wheels. Not ideal but it works and water don't go everywhere when I open the cap. They thought they had the front landing gear fixed by changing out the motor but as soon as I touched the button to test the front landing gear the fuse blew. Then I look at the fuse and it is a 40amp fuse where the factory had a 30amp fuse. I am not convinced these guys know what they are doing. Anyone else with these problems?
Old 08-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #5

So we figured out that when the battery charge is low the fuse would blow on the landing gear because of the amp draw from the motor. Still waiting on the verdict for the rest of the issues such as the leaky skylight couch replacement. Over all we love the RV and use it whenever we can get a campsite.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #6

Finally got our 346qbud! It arrived early September but with the few installs we wanted, didn't get it until last week. We are currently sitting in a PA campground on a shake down cruise. So far so good. Except TV - if we turn on the one in bunkhouse the one in main coach doesn't work and vice versa. Gonna check it out more tomorrow. Towing this fiver with a GMC 2013 Denali 3500HD crew cab standard bed duramax diesel with Allison transmission. Went up the road like a dream. Hitching and unhitching - no problem. Glad we switched to diesel and a fifth wheel. Spouse and I celebrated our maiden voyage with a nice bottle of muscato and now have to go to bed and sleep it off. LOL. We are very happy campers tonight.
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #7

Wow, talk about recuring issues. I got mine back in July of 2012. Skylight leak, check. Fixed it by tighting the screws and leak stopped. Leaky grey water, still have.

As far as the landing gear, I had to have the gear box replaced. The motor was working too hard and is drawing extra amps and that is why the fuses keep burning out. After they replace the gearbox I haven't had an issue now for a year.
Sunnyj1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj3spots View Post
Towing this fiver with a GMC 2013 Denali 3500HD crew cab standard bed duramax diesel with Allison transmission.
Nice truck! (see below)
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote