Old 03-27-2016, 01:28 PM   #11
Remember with all this extra ability to store 'things', 'things' add weight. You do not want to overload your camper. Please make regular trips to a scale to insure that your added storage systems are not causing you to be overloaded. Voice of experience...

Grandebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:05 PM   #12
One of the best things we have done is to purchase a plastic Christmas tree storage box that has wheels on the back of it from Walmart. It fits great in our outside front pass thru storage area. We just lift it up and roll it partially out to get whatever item we need. Don't have to push items in the front out of the way to get to items in the back anymore. We love it!

JudyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:35 PM   #13
Lots of good ideas and info, thanks. Our model is small and doesn't have any closets. We pretty much have about 7 cabinets, under bench storage at dinette and under bed storage that is also accessed outside. Gotta get these cabinets under control. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459110864.241667.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	333.2 KB
ID:	103033Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459110886.499646.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	303.7 KB
ID:	103034Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459110897.075944.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	103035

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Golfnbike13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:59 PM   #14
Send a message via MSN to Home2Roam Send a message via Skype™ to Home2Roam
My favorite solutions are the over-the-door shoe organizers and a "shoe skirt". Make sure to get the ones with clear or mesh pockets so you can see what's inside. I've cut off a row or two on the door organizer and hang them over our captains seats when parked. I just strap down the seat belts and run cord around them and up to the holes in the organizer. The pockets are big enough to hold a 2-liter bottle of soda. I'd send you a link to the pictures on how I did it but I'd get thrown off the forum for sharing my website.
Home2Roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 04:08 PM   #15
Mod free 5er
Used one of our closets with shelves and made drawers. Works great.

Still have room to add to add another drawer to each shelf compartment if needed or make the drawers deeper vertically (make the sides and back taller). BTW, use full extending drawer slides.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Closet drawer.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	103040   Click image for larger version

Name:	closet drawers extended.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	103041   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00317.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	103042   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wardrobe drawers.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	103043  
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 04:19 PM   #16
Orgainzing storage

I think it helps, at least it helps me, to keep an inventory.
We stow a lot of stuff in the pass through so some of it is behind something else (or two something elses). Itis easy to forget where I put somehting that I only use once in a while, but still want to keep on board.
We also stow food for extended trips (month long trips to a dry camp for elk hunting) under the dinette seats. It is helpful to use the inventory to find a can of tomato sauce, or pineapple chunks, or tuna, etc without digging through several stowage areas. We keep out camo clothes, in a bin so that is easy to drop into the truck, and a selection of cold weather vs warm weather clothes, that never leaves the unit, but is sometimes augmented. All on a list.
We use a small clipboard with a compartment to stow each list, and can make changes. When we spend extended winter times (Texas of course) we take a printer(and supplies) for the laptops, so we can reprint anytime we need to.
Also, I have printed, laminated checklists for general items that need loading, so I don't forget, and also for readying to hitch up and leave.
Pilots invented checklists because a very good pilot once forgot something important and died as a result. At least, that's the legend.
Final thought: A very good feature of an inventory list: If it has been on the list, and you didn't use it for two or three trips, consider dumping it. if it isn't on the list and you wished you had it, add it to the "want" list, and see if there is a lightweight version. If you used it every single time, consider location in the rig, could it be somewhere more efficient, and could it be lighter.
hankpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:47 PM   #17
I put drawers under queen bed. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1459118707.455815.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	103050Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1459118816.973197.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	103051
2016 Grey Wolf 26rr
2005 Honda VTX 1300
2002 F150 5.4L extended cab 6.5 bed
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:21 AM   #18
I have yet to figure out where to put stuff, we have decent room to store stuff with the depth of the cabinets but to get anything out of the back is a pain, maybe sliding wire shelves would help if I can find the right size. We don't use the top bunk so I use that for all the dirty laundry.

These I things are a good option for the storage over the bed.

Robot Check

I have no clue what to do with the storage under the benches other than to use for traveling keeping toaster or something like that to save counter space when not in use.
2008 Dodge Durango
2015 Salem cruise lite 195bh
daybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:04 PM   #19
Yea I lost 4 mpg stuffing my camper with stuff. But I'm sure I'll need it, ☺

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
2008 v-lite 30 wrls
gsbuick65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:34 PM   #20
Here's some things that work for us:
"Junk Drawer": this is a small tin case that cookies once came in. This is where we keep our small stuff all in one place: extra fuses, batteries, patch kits for the floatables, eyeglass repair kit, etc.. This is kept in a drawer under our fridge.
Plastic totes: we have one tote that just has water related stuff like facemasks, water shoes, snorkels. But, we're not always near the water or time of year not conducive to water sports. With this stuff all in one place, easy to remove from camper and leave home.
Laundry: ours goes in a laundry bag and if that fills, a pillow case. We have an interior door that accesses the front pass thru so that's where the laundry bags go.
Food Saver: we bring all our meats frozen in meal sized portions. Its kind of amazing how much smaller the bags are when all the air is sucked out, leaving more room in the freezer and no more freezer burn.

2015 Shamrock 231KSS, Oyster shell
2016 Chev Silverado LT Z71 Ext. Cab, 4x4, 5.3L V/8
Reese Straight Line WDH, 2000W Honda Gen.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
55 nights camping in 2015, 45 in 2016
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

trailer, travel, travel trailer