Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2016, 10:51 PM   #1

Privacy curtains too thin!

I just completed a simple project of linning the privacy curtains in our Cruise lite. The privacy curtain dividing the living room from the front queen bed and the privacy curtain for the rear bunk beds. The factory curtain was almost see-through and flimbsy looking. Went down to the local fabric store and purchased a cotton/polyester fabric nearly the same color and lined the curtains. They look SO much nicer, block the light much better and sound proof the area a bit more. Think it cost me about 03 bucks all together including the thread. Wife has a real nice sewing machine and that helps.

Just wondering if anyone else did the same thing?

2016 Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL
Gary G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:32 PM   #2

I got online and found a great looking shower curtain ( the heavy fabric outer part - not the inside waterproof part ) and replaced the flimsy factory one. It looks great, blocks light and gives plenty of privacy. I think I paid $19 for it.
Sister6741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:36 PM   #3

Yes, we just replaced ours as well. We also made bedroom curtains that cover the entire windows instead of just the little (thin) topper. Sheesh, the factory ones weren't even adequate to make ruffle across the top of the windows. Oh well, making it home is fun!

Old 03-13-2016, 08:43 PM   #4

Yes it is. I just noticed that we own the same model - Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL. Our first outing is coming up in the next week and I'm really excited....kind of nervous too, hoping all goes well. I'm not an experienced tow driver or RV backer. From the looks of things around here I should be more concerned with the bed caving in or roof leaks, lol. The walk through guy at the dealership told me in private that I should re-enforce the bed support and buy a water shield for the skylight in the bathroom. I bought the skylight. I'll be putting it on tomorrow, as well as figuring out something for the queen bed. Anyway, nice meeting you. Looks like a good place to hang out and learn about the RV way of things!
Old 03-13-2016, 09:39 PM   #5

Where did you get the water shield for the skylight? I've never heard of a water shield for a skylight.

The bed seems sturdy enough to me. Please post what you do to sturdy up the bed. Thanks and have a safe trip.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary G. View Post
Where did you get the water shield for the skylight? I've never heard of a water shield for a skylight.

The bed seems sturdy enough to me. Please post what you do to sturdy up the bed. Thanks and have a safe trip.
Hi Gary. I just went out and looked at it. I'm not sure what the darned thing is to tell you the truth. I'll take a picture later and post it.

Edit: I've heard too many stories about broken beds. I'm taking no chances. I'm 5'7" and medium build ( 155 ) and my sig other is a couple of inches and pounds more than me. We should be ok, but one never knows. I'm a neck and back surgery patient and I require more than average sleeping modifications. I'm putting a feather bed topper in the queen bed. Anyway, I'll post pics when I get them.