Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2016, 10:30 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 64
Queen bed length 27rkss

Good day everyone,

My trailer is about an hour away from me but I am trying to order a new queen mattress but not sure of the length, I am thinking it's shorter than normal. Would someone be so kind as to measure theirs and let me know please.

Thank you in advance.
__________________

__________________
2014 Salem 27RKSS
Burgeogull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 02:49 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
jgump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgeogull View Post
Good day everyone,

My trailer is about an hour away from me but I am trying to order a new queen mattress but not sure of the length, I am thinking it's shorter than normal. Would someone be so kind as to measure theirs and let me know please.

Thank you in advance.

Mine is 75" in my 2016 27RKSS


John

2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
2012 Grand Cherokee Overland (Hemi)

2016 Nights Camping "4"
__________________

__________________
jgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 02:57 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
HONDAMAN174's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Big brown desert
Posts: 2,318
I don't have your unit but got this at sams club and we sleep better than we do at home
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1462388268.482599.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	106883


2014 Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra "Clifford"
__________________
2014 Stealth Evo 2850- "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7- "Clifford"
2013 Honda Accord Coupe V6 w/Track Pack- "Julia"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 03:23 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 64
Thank you guys. I prefer memory foam. Thinking about getting an 8 inch memory foam mattress.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2014 Salem 27RKSS
Burgeogull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 03:40 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Broadway Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 636
I changed the plywood platform with a good quality 1/2 inch plywood to give me a full 80" queen size mattress. I bought a memory foam and trimmed the lower ears with an electric knife to round out the corners.
__________________
Joe
2015 Wildwood 27RKSS
2015 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
Broadway Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 02:33 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
jgump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNic View Post
I changed the plywood platform with a good quality 1/2 inch plywood to give me a full 80" queen size mattress. I bought a memory foam and trimmed the lower ears with an electric knife to round out the corners.

Do you still have enough walk room in front of the bed?


John

2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
2012 Grand Cherokee Overland (Hemi)

2016 Nights Camping "4"
__________________
jgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:11 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Broadway Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 636
Plenty of room, you only lose 8". If you plan on doing this get a good quality plywood not a cheap luan. I used baltic birch which comes in 60 x 60 inches.
__________________
Joe
2015 Wildwood 27RKSS
2015 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
Broadway Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:51 AM   #8
Occasional campers
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgeogull View Post
Good day everyone,

My trailer is about an hour away from me but I am trying to order a new queen mattress but not sure of the length, I am thinking it's shorter than normal. Would someone be so kind as to measure theirs and let me know please.

Thank you in advance.
You might want to try checking with the dealer or the company about the dimensions. Most of the units I've seen have queen-width, full-length mattresses--from your description, that probably is what you have. In our travel trailer, the bed is in an exact-fitting slide and a queen-length mattress would NOT fit with the slide closed; it would jam up between the wall of the slide and wardrobe cupboards on the opposite side, and something would wind up smashed/broken.
__________________
Ray and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:08 AM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray and Ann View Post
You might want to try checking with the dealer or the company about the dimensions. Most of the units I've seen have queen-width, full-length mattresses--from your description, that probably is what you have. In our travel trailer, the bed is in an exact-fitting slide and a queen-length mattress would NOT fit with the slide closed; it would jam up between the wall of the slide and wardrobe cupboards on the opposite side, and something would wind up smashed/broken.
I did just that and they told it's 75 inches.
__________________
2014 Salem 27RKSS
Burgeogull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:26 AM   #10
Occasional campers
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgeogull View Post
I did just that and they told it's 75 inches.
Yup, that's usually called either a short queen or a trailer (or RV) queen. It's what we have. It's also the size found in many "hide-a-bed" type couches.
__________________

__________________
Ray and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 PM.