Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2015, 05:00 PM   #1

Relocating Black and Gray water valves.

The wife and I have been full timers for 4 yrs. Our trailer was totaled Oct 3 2014. We then bought a 2005 Salem 29RLSS from Camping World in Oklahoma City. It had just been taken in trade, not even swept out yet but we talked them into selling to us that day. (mistake) We took it home and when it rained 4 days later we found that there were large holes in the roof of the slide and te header over the slide had rotted wood improperly repaired and when you put the slide in or out it tore the heck out of the roof. We returned it and they gave our $$ back no problem. We have since purchased a 2002 Salem 29RLSS in like new condition.
I just am amazed that the Black & Gray water valves are located under the slide. Are the electric Black water valves reliable? do they make electric Gray water valves?
J W Bowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:04 PM   #2

Forgot to ask, is relocating the valves an option? anyone ever done it?
J W Bowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:43 PM   #3

Sure can move them. I moved my galley valve back three feet.It was too close to the rear wheel.When a tire blows,didn't want it to take out the plumbing.Just need to figure out your fittings and support straps that you need.
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, cat, water, valve