Old 03-03-2014, 08:50 PM   #1

Replacing the Dometic LCD thermostat with a Honeywell RTH1100B.

Hi I am have trouble with my Dometic LCD thermostat it has to much variation and would like to replace it. But there is only 3 wires they are as follows
1. White 12V-
2. Blue Com
3. Red 12 +
I want to use a Honeywell RTH 1100 B has anybody used this thermostat. And I need to know how to wire it up. Thanks for any help. My camper is a Salem 26TBUD

Old 03-18-2014, 06:57 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdifrank View Post
Hi I am have trouble with my Dometic LCD thermostat it has to much variation and would like to replace it. But there is only 3 wires they are as follows
1. White 12V-
2. Blue Com
3. Red 12 +
I want to use a Honeywell RTH 1100 B has anybody used this thermostat. And I need to know how to wire it up. Thanks for any help. My camper is a Salem 26TBUD
Clue me into any answers you get please, I also have a 26tbud.

thegreatoutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:27 PM   #3

There have been some posts here and other places on this topic. RV mods has a post with diagrams. I wrote to Dometic because I wanted a programmable thermostat in my RV. I only have one AC/heat unit. They said it can be done if I am willing to run all new wires to the furnace as well as the AC. Other than that forget about it. On the RV mod sight, the fellows are running extra wires and adding extra switches. Once completed the AC fan will only run on one speed. Not a good change if you ask me.

Good Luck.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:47 PM   #4

Thermostat mod

David i agree with you.I am not rewiring an new camper to get a programmable thermostat I am going to do what the guy at the RV service center said and set my thermostat tolerances a little closer I called and got them to send info on how to calibrate it its set to allow anywhere from 4 to 8 degree swing to keep it from cycling so much. i dont care how much it cycles i just dont like being hot one min. and cold the next.

Tags
dometic, thermostat