Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2010, 08:12 AM   #1

Roof leak...Twice?

Hello,
Wanted to see if anyone else has this problem. We ordered a 2002 29RLSS Salem from the factory with the freestanding dinette, and the desk instead of the wardrobe on the slideout. We took delivery in May of 2002. We had some innital issues with the wiring in the slide out. But the main issue is the carpet in the corner of the slideout under the desk got wet when it rained. I tried chasing the leak to no avail. Started noticing bubbling on the ceiling panels on the main roof by the slide out so we took it to the dealer. They pulled the slide out and found the wood rotted under the rubber. They then discovered that the wood all the way down both sides on the main roof was wet and rotted. They had to replace the main beam above the slideroom as it was bowing downward. In 2005-2006 it had a new main and slide roof installed.

Took it out of storage this spring.. We keep it covered with an Adco Aqua-Shed cover since 2005. The paneling on the main ceiling is bubbling in the exact same spot as it did the first time. I am at a loss.

I've seen quite a few forest river products of the same year(s) with bad roof's. Anyone have a clue as to why, or any personal experiences on where the leak might be coming from?
Jspafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Leaks can be very hard to track down. Most leaks I've seen come from the sealant around windows, roof openings, or marker lights. Good luck!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem