Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2014, 09:11 AM   #1

Location: West, Texas (the town, not the western part of the state)
Salem 174BH cable/satellite connection

First, thanks to another thread that pointed out that the Cable/satellite connections are reversed in this trailer ;-)

We're going to a state park that offers 'satellite tv' and I really don't understand how it works. I don't find any exterior input on the trailer to connect a wire, or does it pull in through the antennae?

This will be our third trip since we got the trailer so we're still figuring it all out.

thanks, Kathy
kralspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:22 PM   #2

If you don't see any cable connections on your trailer it probably is not prepped for cable and satellite. Next to the spot where your TV goes there would also be a satellite connection next to your TV connection. If not then your not prepped. Unless there is some kind of new tech I haven't heard of satellite signals can not be received through a conventional antenna. Adding a satellite connection really isn't that difficult and your dealer should be able to do it with no problem. It may be that the service they are advertising is a cable service originating from a central satellite system in which case you would still need a cable connection.
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:03 PM   #3

Thanks for much for the information ;-)

I see what you mean about the satellite connection, after checking I realize I don't have that.

But I do have the outlet inside the trailer that lets you connect the wire from the tv to Cable or TV with the tiny button in between to turn the booster on and off. I guess I'm confused about how to get the Cable service into the trailer and available if I want to plug the TV to it. I don't find anywhere on the exterior to connect cable service (saying if it was in my backyard and I wanted to run my house cable service to it for the kids besides camping at a park)
Old 11-04-2014, 06:35 PM   #4

On my trailer I have two external connections. The satellite connection goes straight to the connector inside. Satellite antennas can have nothing between the antenna (dish) and the receiver. The cable connection outside would be connected to the TV amplifier as well as the antenna on top of your unit. The little button on the connector plate inside next to your TV is for the amplifier. Cable can run through the amp along with your antenna. Since you have no connections on the exterior of your trailer you probably are not set up for cable or satellite. Installing these connections is a simple matter with a few common tools. I would check with your dealer about doing the install if your uncomfortable doing it yourself. I'm surprised you don't have these connections they are very common today. Good luck and have a safe trip.
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:51 PM   #5

Thanks for all the explanations, I think I will contact the dealer and see about having the external inputs installed.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:43 AM   #6

You can do this yourself, very easy. Purchase outside receptacle at CW. Run cable, hook up to receptacle inside trailer with black button(antenna booster) at the back. One in my trailer had 4 connectors if not mistaken. Turn off booster when running cable.
Kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:46 AM   #7

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ad.php?t=60620
Kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:02 PM   #8

wow, thanks for the link to the thread!

Tags
salem, satellite