Old 10-14-2014, 09:44 AM   #1

Salem 195 BH 1st Winterization

Has anyone winterize a salem cruise lite 195 BH before? Do you know where the bypass valve is? Do you know if we need to purchase anything to do the job? Do we need to get a tube that sucks in the antifreeze?

Old 10-14-2014, 09:02 PM   #2

the water heater bypass valves are behind the panel next to the heater. we didn't use antifreeze. all we did was blow out the lines with compressed air and manually drained the hot water tank by taking the anode rod out.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:05 PM   #3

Sorry, i meant the bypass for the pump line that takes in the chemical to the lines. Not the bypass to the water heater.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:33 PM   #4

hmmm, i know the pump is under the lwr bunk. u can see it if you take the panel off. all that is there is the line coming in for the city connection and there is a t connection where the pump connects to the fresh water tank. then there is the freshwater fill tube that goes directly to the freshwater tank. did not see any bypass valves there. i've pretty much looked at all the plumbing on the 195bh and the only valves i ran across were for the water heater. i did buy the connector for the air line to blow out all the water and worked from the toliet to the tub to the sink and then finished up at the lower draines on the outside hanging down from the camper kept the air pressure at 45 psi which is more than enough to blow out the lines
Old 10-14-2014, 09:35 PM   #5

should clarify the panel, u have to remove the lwr bunk mattress and remove the sheet of plywood that the mattress lays on top of. it should be four #2 square bit screws to remove. i didnt put the screws back since we have had the fittings to the pump leak, they are screw type fittings
Old 10-14-2014, 09:37 PM   #6

ugh. there are two panels under the mattress, the olfront panel right as u get into the bed covers the electrical panel and the back panel covers the pump
Old 10-14-2014, 09:47 PM   #7

I found a really easy way to get antifreeze into the pump. A hose from a handheld shower sprayer screws right onto the inlet on the pump. Unscrew the inlet, screw the hose on and dump the other end in antifreeze and pump it through the lines.. I was looking around for a proper size hose and had it laying in a plumbing box from an old shower head, fit perfectly on the pump. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Tags
salem, winter