Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2015, 12:49 PM   #1

Salem 195BH- where to put radio antennae?

I'm putting a traditional car stereo into our 195bh, and so far that's going well.

I've already mounted the unit into the front cabinets in the center panel above the bed. front left and right speakers will go into the panels on both sides of the cabinet doors. I pulled power up from the light under the cabinet. Easiest install I've ever done. I'm thinking that I may even drop the rear speakers to an outside plug for add on speakers outside when we want them...

But...

I don't know where to put the radio antenna. I'm sure I'll have to drill into the side or roof of the camper, but I'm nervous about that. So- where would has anyone put an antenna, and how did/would you seal that hole?

Ideas are appreciated!

Russ Tidwell
rtidwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 01:05 PM   #2

Salem 195BH- where to put radio antennae?

I haven't installed radio in my 195bh but really want too and was thinking of those locations. I'd love to see some photos. As for the antenna could you run it up through the TV antenna hole? I've taken that apart before for maintenance and may fit through there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Golfnbike13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:03 PM   #3

Ours does not have a tv antenna. I'm going to have to drill somewhere, I think.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:42 AM   #4

Ours is the Wildwood 195BH and doesn't have the radio from the factory. We do have the ceiling mounted A/C unit so I was thinking of mounting a radio in the spot where the window unit A/C would be at normally.

How do you run the wiring for the power, ground, speaker, antenna, etc?
Harveyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 12:09 AM   #5

Stereo Installed

This is a pretty late reply to this, but in answer to where did I run the wire...

If you pull the light above the bed down, you'll find that the wiring is between two layers of thin plywood- the bottom of the cabinet, inside, and the bottom of the cabinet, outside. I drilled a small hole up through the existing hole for the light wires, and tapped into those 12 wires for power and ground. Since I put the speakers in the ends of the cabinet, I just ran the wiring along the bottom of the front of the cabinet and used some Gorilla tape to "hide" them.

I actually ended up just leaving the antennae in the cabinet, inside the camper. We've been able to get stations everywhere we have been.

I was trying to figure out how to post pictures, but I don't have that sorted out yet.

Tags
antenna, antennae, radio, salem