Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #1

Salem 26TBUD warranty issues

Traded in my 17ft Starcraft AR-ONE (which came with radials) for this 26ft Salem in April 2012. Bought unit new. The Micro-wave was doa on pick-up from the dealer. promptly replaced under warranty. Three months later and about 3000 miles on the unit one of the Trail express st205/75D15 tires blew out and the other 3 have the tread separating from the tire. Replaced with Tow master TRC15205C ST205/75R15. These have a 5 year warranty with a speed rating L (75mph) I know they are made in china but so is Good Year Marathons. Then the paint is peeling off the front of the unit. Forest river states they will reinburse the cost of the tires. will let you know when I get the check. have not heard back on paint problems
n9zbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:59 AM   #2

I have basically the same trailer, a 2013 that I took delivery of in May of 2012 (as in 2 months ago so not a lot of history). It's been overall okay. I have two dead lights, the DVD function of the "entertainment center" is bad, one of my window shades is too short and the table was the wrong height/size. I'll take it in for warranty work this fall unless something more pressing comes up.

Overall, for the price these things go for and what we get, some problems should be expected. It sounds like you might have ended up with a bit more than your share.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:50 AM   #3

Don't get me started lol.
Trail express - get rid of them now! all of them.
FR covered warranty on 4 rolling tires for me at 125 a piece. I purchased KUMHO 857's in the 15 inch class LT tires. Much better.
Our 2012 trailer had the awnig clips break, the door lock dead bolt snap in the locked position, 4 tires defective, water filter from holding tank cross threaded, kitchen faucet leaks, galley drain was 2 inches off plum and cracked an elbow in the strongest point (still waiting on part to repair), Tongue jack broke at the NH Motor Speedway this past Monday, and the slide out trim is wearing a hole through the siding.

Keep your eyes for more issues. Sorry but to be forewarned is a positive thing. It means you become proactive vs reactive.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #4

I did not mention all the little stuff, My dead bolt also snapped on the first camping trip, Had to get inside unit through storage access door and take the lock apart just to open the door. The TV swivel compartment rubs when moving from bedroom to main area. The drawers bounce open while towing. Since this is a 2012 that I purchased in April of 2012 I assume that it sat on the dealers lot for a year. I replaced the tongue jack with a power jack by Atwood. Could not understand why they would put a power awaning, stabilizer jacks controlled by a remote along with the slide and outside light and not a power tongue jack. I think I received a good deal, MSRP was $24995, my out the door cost was $18593. Now I'm starting to wonder.
n9zbb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26tbud