Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2014, 10:45 AM   #1

Salem 27 DBUD 2015

Hi Folks,
I'm looking at moving from a Hybrid trailer to the Salem 27 DBUD. I was wondering if you know of any issues with these trailers I should know about before pulling the trigger on the deal. It seems like the perfect trailer for our needs but it's always best to do the research first. Thanks for your help.
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:40 PM   #2

I have a 2014 and love it. Minor issues, a water connection got loose after about 6 months, toilet odor that dometic sent me a new toilet to fix because of a defect I. That run of them. Our family loves ours. We have had it since late June 2013. Great camper for the money. Towing it with an f-150 Ecoboost it tows real nice, it is a bit tongue heavy but I added some helper springs... That has more to do with the truck than the camper. We also upgraded from a hybrid after we just got tired of setting up ends all the time and feeling jammed together all the time. The 15 has some cool features that I wish mine had like the shoe storage area, shower surround, barrel cabinet and 2 full size bunks in stead of the one small one. No issues with any of the electronics from the show stopper package.. Love it,

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Kdz300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:41 PM   #3

Where are you buying it if I may ask?

Old 09-18-2014, 10:22 PM   #4

Thanks, That's what I needed to know. Some campers have chronic problems and I like to do the research before I buy anything. I too have an f150 ecoboost. I finally found one that had the max tow package and I hope that will help with any tongue weight issues. Was it that the rear end wouldn't level with trailer even with weight distribution? I may have to look into helper springs as well. I have bought all my campers at Peco in Atlanta. They are great folks to work with. This will be my third. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:11 PM   #5

Mine in is max tow also. I added super springs helpers to it, even with wd... The back end was squatting more than I liked. They did not mess with the unloaded ride much at all and help a lot when loaded. Have fun with the new rig.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #6

When my tires go, I am going to step them up also on the weight rating. Don't get me wrong it tows fine, but it could be better....

Old 09-19-2014, 12:36 PM   #7

Ok, thanks. I'll look for some springs.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:03 PM   #8

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1411170981.998659.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	295.0 KB
ID:	63106this is what I bought. Got them from auto anything. Sign up for their emails and it is pretty easy to get coupon's 20% off or a little more... There are also some reps on the f150 forum that will quote you some discounted prices from auto anything if you private message them. These are super easy to install, no wheel removal needed you just need a really high lift jack and some wrenches, they slide right In and bolt over top of your originals. They do lift the back about an 3/4" when unloaded and stiffen the ride up a smidge unloaded.. But really help when loaded. I didn't even notice the ride difference after a week or so. I did not want to screw with airbags and just wanted it there when I needed it and this fit the bill. Good luck.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:31 PM   #9

OK, Thanks for the info. I went to etrailer and they suggested two WD set ups as opposed to helper springs. I like the idea of helper springs because it would have applications other than just pulling the trailer. Thanks again for the information it's a big help.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:22 PM   #10
McCubbies

I have a 2015 27 DBUD and love it. Had to buy weight distribution which made all the difference in the world. Great camper for the cost.
McCubbies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem