Old 07-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #1

Salem cruise 181bhxl

Just purchased a 2013 Salem cruise 181bhxl I know its on the lower end of the trailers I'm just curious if any one has one and any good or bad points? Quality trailer? We are upgrading from our high wall tent trailer after it was stolen from us.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi there!

Yea - Cruise Lite Power!

I have a different Cruise Lite unit and I am real happy with it. It might be a lower end trailer but it's a fine trailer. It fits my needs and budget. Sorry to hear about your tent trailer being stolen but I think you will be happy with the Cruise Lite.

Feel free to post pictures.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:19 AM   #3

Hey there,

ditto x2

We also bought a 2013 Salem Cruise Lite 181BHXL as well in June 30th this year, its still at dealer, they had 2 left, we bought the last one. We're still waiting for the back pack rack from Forest River, we ordered through the dealer. Once it arrives they will weld it on for us, we wanted to have this just for added extra carrying space, stuff that can't fit inside the TT or in the truck bed. We like this unit it due to its price, floor plan, good use of floor space IMHO. We have yet to use it, so can't comment on that as its not in our possesion yet. I would have love to have pass through storage, I might add one someday, but gonna enjoy what I can get out of it.

The idea isn't about what you can or can't afford, its about what TT makes you comfortable (everyone has different needs/wants). But the biggest thing is about trip you are gonna take with it and memories your going to get out of RVing/Camping etc. This our first TT and it is a starting point as well as a learning experience.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:24 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Stone View Post
Hey there,

ditto x2

We also bought a 2013 Salem Cruise Lite 181BHXL as well in June 30th this year, its still at dealer, they had 2 left, we bought the last one. We're still waiting for the back pack rack from Forest River, we ordered through the dealer. Once it arrives they will weld it on for us, we wanted to have this just for added extra carrying space, stuff that can't fit inside the TT or in the truck bed. We like this unit it due to its price, floor plan, good use of floor space IMHO. We have yet to use it, so can't comment on that as its not in our possesion yet. I would have love to have pass through storage, I might add one someday, but gonna enjoy what I can get out of it.

The idea isn't about what you can or can't afford, its about what TT makes you comfortable (everyone has different needs/wants). But the biggest thing is about trip you are gonna take with it and memories your going to get out of RVing/Camping etc. This our first TT and it is a starting point as well as a learning experience.
Well said!

I'm looking forward to hearing about each of your adventures RVing with your Cruise Lite trailers. Love to see some pictures too.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #5

back pack rack

I asked my dealer for the back pa k rack and they said I couldn't have it that it had to be added at the factory something about the frame manufacturer. How exactly did you order yours?
Old 07-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #6

RE: Back pack rack

As far as I know, this is an option for Salem Cruise-lite listed in their brochures, maybe 2013 model specific? But no where its states it has to be a factory installed. I had asked Corky, my sales agent about getting one to add to my trailer, he suggested I talk to his service manager who is more knowledgeable and he's the guy who ordered it for us. I had saw one on a longer cruise lite unit at his lot and was impress how it was made and mounted. I felt we should have one on ours. Showed the back pack rack to my wife, and she agrees with me on getting one. She says we can carry the bbq or generator and extra fuel or other things etc.

I asked Jerry the service manager whether my bumper or frame can be use, he said its not a problem on mine. We have not taken delivery of our trailer since we signed the papers, it should be ready for us this coming week.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamisonhouse View Post
I asked my dealer for the back pa k rack and they said I couldn't have it that it had to be added at the factory something about the frame manufacturer. How exactly did you order yours?
Could it be frame warranty related?

Old 07-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #8

I'm not sure why they aren't able to get it it is a 2013 model I havent even taken it home yet.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #9
Site Team

Is the unit on the dealership lot or still at the factory?

Old 07-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #10

It's at the dealership.