Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2019, 10:23 PM   #1

Salem Cruise Lite 241qbxl

Seriously considering trading on a 241qbxl. Any other 241 owners on here that can give me some highs and lows?

East to West Della Terra 25KRB
camperwes413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:25 PM   #2

Well I have had the smaller 171rbxl (murphy bed) for almost a year.
Like it a lot. The big bath is nice. The quality is okay for an entry level trailer.
Was glad it came with Load Range D tires.
Like the steps a lot. Very sturdy.
Added a blank tank flush and an outdoor shower. The black tank flush is great, never used the outdoor shower yet.
So far no major problems, just some minor repairs and annoyances.
A/C & fridge work great. The propane heater is good but sucks down the propane. I use a small electric heater instead.
Added an internal EMS. Need to add a battery shut off.

Enjoy
2018 JGC Limited 4x4 w/tow
MarkDNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:00 PM   #3

Yes, same here. I've been overall happy with this series of trailer. I think they are pretty basic no-frills affordable models, but I love the floorplans and design.

2019 Wildwood 171RBXL
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 5.7L V8 HEMI
adarklake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 02:46 PM   #4
Marshmallow Expert

We have had our 241QBXL for almost a year (next month), and we like it quite a bit. It’s roomy enough for the two of us, the bathroom is a nice layout, and the couch is comfortable to sit on. Plenty of cabinet space as well. Ours came with a black tank flush and outdoor shower, which I think is standard on this model.

The only things I am not crazy about is the storage, and there isn’t enough room for two batteries in boxes without modifications. Two will fit without boxes if you are comfortable with that. The storage doors on the pass through are not very tall, so it is a little harder to load, and, for some reason on mine, they put the fresh water tank under the bed so that space is gone. (All of the other queen bed trailers that we looked at had the tank under the trailer, so, of course, the one that we bought and didn’t look under the bed had the tank!) Oh, and the holding tanks are a bit smaller than most, so if you do a lot of dry camping you might want to take that into consideration. Not a big deal for us as we normally go to full hookup sites for trips longer than a weekend.

Otherwise, we really like our TT and have used it on five trips in the last year. If you have any questions on things I didn’t mention let me know. Good luck in your search.

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
MSgt Rick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, salem