Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2014, 09:28 AM   #1

salem cruise lite owner's manual sucks!

bought a 2014 salem cruise lite 185rb at a camping world in florida a month ago.
just got home to mass. without winterizing since the temps have been above freezing, but, gotta winterize today.......where in the manual, or online can i find the location of all the pertinent components i have to deal with for this..........LIKE, location of tanks, drains, filters if any, hot water tank by pass, etc, etc...........The manual is GARBAGE, too generic........I need like a schematic for MY specific camper....does one exist ? thanks
Old 02-23-2014, 09:33 AM   #2
Always Learning

All camper manuals suck unfortunately.

And no schematics don't exist as far as I know.

My manual had a few generic pages on winterizing, but no specifics on my camper. Everything else I've learned came from reading online and doing.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
All camper manuals suck unfortunately.

And no schematics don't exist as far as I know.

My manual had a few generic pages on winterizing, but no specifics on my camper. Everything else I've learned came from reading online and doing.
Thats what I figured, I mean, I can find stuff, eventually, just would be a whole lot easier to winterize for the first time with a plumbing schematic~!

Just think FR is being lazy and cheap to NOT supply this information.

tks
Old 02-23-2014, 09:51 AM   #4

Went through similar in November, only one on line is a generic and doesn't give anything for specific campers. Best I can say is make a list and start the scavenger hunt.
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:56 AM   #5
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsip View Post
Thats what I figured, I mean, I can find stuff, eventually, just would be a whole lot easier to winterize for the first time with a plumbing schematic~!

tks

I would be curious if other manufacturers supply this. But given what I saw at the Sabre factory- schematics don't exist and no 2 campers are alike. ESPECIALLY from an electric wiring perspective (not what you're asking about, I know).
Old 02-23-2014, 03:11 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsip View Post
i think if you would have looked at other brands, you would have found out that this is the standard type of manual, in the RV industry, not just FR.

there are many owners of other brands, who complain about the same thing. i've seen hundreds of these types of complaints over the past 8-9 years that i've been on various RV forums.

so, it's not just FR that's lazy.
blame the whole industry.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:32 PM   #7

Ok on ours there is a panel in front of the hot water heater. take the panel off and all the valves are there. the low points should be hanging down in the rear. I had to take out the anodizing rod in the hot water tank to be able to drain it. I just used compressed air to blow the lines out so we didnt have to use antifreeze. made it much easier the next time we went out. hooked up air line to city connectioned and then opened the toliet, then the shower, the the sink, and the the low point caps. i didnt bother bypassing the hot water heater since i drained it and got all the water out. when all was said and done there was no water left in the lines. just make sure you set the air pressure no more than 45psi. good luck
jawga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual, salem