Salem Cruise-Lite T221RBXL anyone?
Good day, and my apologies for long post. Have to make up my mind in the next few months. Need some info from you guys because here in BC Canada I can't even find it in dealers inventory. Will be getting it in the US anyway, it's cheaper down there.
Thinking of Salem Cruise-Lite T221RBXL (aka Wildwood). It's on my short list with a few slightly larger models by other brands. Those others have plenty of published specs and photos, but Forest River site is sketchy.
1) Exterior length? Site says 24 ft, is it with hitch, or just the "box"?
2) Exterior width? Site says TBA - no kidding. This model has been around for at least few years. They should fire their web developer. I recall 7.5 ft published at some time, which is less than usual 8ft.
3) Inside height? Comparable units by other brands have 78"-80" inside.
4) How long is the flat section of the roof from AC to the sloped front wall (will need this for future solar panel)? Or where is the front end of AC relatively to the foot of the bed.
5) There is no vent over the bed, right?
Future plans include fulltiming - sort of. Seasonal stay for several months in some place warm if I live long enough for SS pension. It's just me, no dogs or concubines. This Salem is not big, but I plan on remodeling - replace one dinette bench with a dresser and other mods. When I read fulltimers reports at Open Road forum, nobody does this in trailers smaller than 26ft. Am I totally crazy? It will be mostly off-grid, with fan but no AC. I think that smaller units can get hotter in summer, but they are also easier to heat on cold desert nights.
Any info is appreciated. Will eventually ask questions the dealer when it comes to it, but would like to do some homework before.