Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2015, 03:12 PM   #1
Rodney & Patty

Salem Hemishere 337BAR w/ inverter

First off let me say that I am new to the Forest River family after many years with the competition but at a show recently my wife and I really liked the 337BAR and proceeded to deal and eventually purchase it. Unlike anything else I have purchased in the last 15 years, I have not done my homework. With this unit having a residential only powered refrigerator with an inverter I am reaching out to others who may have some experience. We have friends with motorhomes who rely on their battery bank and inverter when dry camping but they also have onboard generators for the just in case things. It seems that through time we have been doing less and less dry camping but we still do and plan to continue our annual 10 day session in the Adirondack mountains with family and friends each July. I have been doing so searching online for any information about the inverters that Forest River is using in these units but have came up dry or inconclusive at best. In a month or so when the snow melts and I can take delivery of our new unit I will see first hand but in the meantime I would love to gather from the experiences of my peers out there.
*Any experience or information about the inverters used in the Salam fifth wheels?
*Any one with experience or pointers with dry camping and counting on an inverter for cabin power?
*Anyone have the BAR on the road already with any insights to share?

Anything may be useful...
Thanks
Rodney
rdenslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 03:36 PM   #2
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Don't have your unit but it sure looks like a nice one. We shyed away from residential friges for this very reason.
But, googling I found some forums you might look at:
Using Residential Fridge While Moving - Systems and appliances - FMCA Motorhome Forums
RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Residential refrigerator on MSW inverter- your experience
Residential Fridge & Inverter setup - iRV2 Forums

Maybe helps, maybe dosen't. Good luck with your Hemi!
Have fun.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter, salem