Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2018, 09:14 AM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpatten View Post
I should clarify that it’s 10600 by the hitch. It took me 2 weeks but I was able to get in touch with a Toyota engineer and was informed it increases by 1000 lbs for a 5th wheel. I have a pullrite 12500 superslide 5th wheel hitch in the truck for the short bed. Works like a charm.

Do you have any pictures of your rig Brian?
Blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:16 AM   #202

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2354.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	455.1 KB
ID:	159641
brianpatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:17 AM   #203

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2303.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	423.6 KB
ID:	159642
Old 01-06-2018, 09:20 AM   #204

Has anyone had any issues with the furnace not keeping the main living quarters of the 337Bar warm?

Mine is off by more than 15 degrees so if the demand is set to 83 and is met at the thermostat in the living room it is verified that the temp only gets to 68 degrees with an outdoor temp of 51.. this is verified with a fluke 87 and plug in thermistor.

It’s been at the dealer since Veterans Day and I’m starting to lose it. They replaced the whole floor in the living room and removed the island to do so.. now i have wrinkles in the wood laminate and a mess. The problem seems worse to by the way. They did discover obstructed ducts and replaces a run..

The bathroom gets to the requested demand of 83 which I told the dealer it’s tricking the thermostats because they are mounted on the bathroom wall. It gets so hot in the bathroom my deodorants melted. The bedroom gets to about 75. I tried covering the vent in the bathroom and it floats the rug, I put a case of soda over it and it got really hot in the basement... go figure!!!
Old 01-06-2018, 09:24 AM   #205

The issue seems to be a characteristic of the unit and the location of the furnace. I too have to cover my bathroom vent half way or it gets too hot and shuts down the heat.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:41 AM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpatten View Post
The issue seems to be a characteristic of the unit and the location of the furnace. I too have to cover my bathroom vent half way or it gets too hot and shuts down the heat.

Well mine has been at the dealer now for a while and they have been contacting and conference calling Forrest river about the situation I will definitely keep you guys posted as to what the outcome will be.

I also had insulation problems on my front cap, there wasn’t any and in the summer heat the bedroom would climb instantly when the sun would hit the cap. They removed the front cap at the dealer and reinsulated and Oh my God what a difference I can sleep in till whenever before as the sun would rise it felt like a bunch of heat guns were blowing out of the closet.

That prob was corrected. Had a few creaks in the floor one at the entrance which they fixed and one in the bedroom as soon as you walk in that one still exists..

I love this fifth wheel I just hope they can fix the heat issue soon before old man winter runs away.. and it’s my prob when the extended warranty goes out in summer.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:25 PM   #207
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh920 View Post
Hey y’all just wanted to get an idea of what you are using to tow? I have a 2017 337 Bar.
Also do any of you full time?
We have a 2015, don't full time all year but we travel from Michigan to Texas for 2-3 mos at a time each winter.
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:52 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blender View Post
Has anyone had any issues with the furnace not keeping the main living quarters of the 337Bar warm?

Mine is off by more than 15 degrees so if the demand is set to 83 and is met at the thermostat in the living room it is verified that the temp only gets to 68 degrees with an outdoor temp of 51.. this is verified with a fluke 87 and plug in thermistor.

It’s been at the dealer since Veterans Day and I’m starting to lose it. They replaced the whole floor in the living room and removed the island to do so.. now i have wrinkles in the wood laminate and a mess. The problem seems worse to by the way. They did discover obstructed ducts and replaces a run..

The bathroom gets to the requested demand of 83 which I told the dealer it’s tricking the thermostats because they are mounted on the bathroom wall. It gets so hot in the bathroom my deodorants melted. The bedroom gets to about 75. I tried covering the vent in the bathroom and it floats the rug, I put a case of soda over it and it got really hot in the basement... go figure!!!

I read your post and have a question, I have a 368rlbhk, when I turn the furnace the air flow in the living area is barely felt, is this normal? Should the furnace turn off once the temperature reaches the thermostat set temperature,mine hardly ever shuts off.
runner48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:55 PM   #209
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
We have a 2015, don't full time all year but we travel from Michigan to Texas for 2-3 mos at a time each winter.
Chevy Silverado 2500hd Duramax.....tows very well...no issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by runner48 View Post
I read your post and have a question, I have a 368rlbhk, when I turn the furnace the air flow in the living area is barely felt, is this normal? Should the furnace turn off once the temperature reaches the thermostat set temperature,mine hardly ever shuts off.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 01-21-2018, 10:57 PM   #210
CRS

Quote:
The furnace system of the 337bar is not adequate, especially in the living area...

Sent from my XT1254 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 01-22-2018, 06:02 AM   #211

Quote:

That is the exact prob I have been having, and it’s been at the dealership since Veterans weekend, they replaced the wood laminate floor after opening the floor to inspect the duct work and removed the island. I got it back the Saturday before Christmas in hopes of using it during the holidays, that was a big fail now it was worse than before. They reduced the air pressure in the bathroom and bedroom causing the furnace to run longer and never get to temp because the bathroom wall got so hot it tricked the thermostat. The living room when it was 20 degrees outside you could see your breath inside. So since jan2 it’s been at the dealer and I called forest river directly because the dealer now started saying they can only do what they authorize. So of course the manufacturer says let’s do this trial and error first and I said well that’s horse **** because I’m in the south soon to run out of cold days and then it’s gonna be my prob when the warranty runs out in May.

I would definitely get the dealer involved it seems to be a common issue with the heritage glens. They also removed the front cap because the bedroom would get so hot in the summer only to reveal a 4x4 aluminum blanket super thin one that didn’t cover the whole front cap for the suns direct beam. That got fixed and now I can sleep past sunrise.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:29 PM   #212

Do any of you know where the grease fittings are for the wheel hub assemblies? Cannot find it. Pulled the cap off of the whee to reveal another cap. Seems like a flawed design. Do you really have to take the entire wheel off to grease the bearing?
Salem Hemisphere
337BAR
cmh920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:13 PM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh920 View Post
Do any of you know where the grease fittings are for the wheel hub assemblies? Cannot find it. Pulled the cap off of the whee to reveal another cap. Seems like a flawed design. Do you really have to take the entire wheel off to grease the bearing?
no, you do not have to take the wheel off. The 'cap', on the wheel/rim is a decorative cap. The cap on the hub is called the dust cover cap. If this cap has a rubber plug on it, then there should be a grease fitting behind the rubber cover. Have the tire jacked off the ground before you put grease into the fitting and pump the grease slow and slowly spin the tire as you do this. you do not want to blow out the inner seal on the spindle.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:24 PM   #214

The cheap AH didn't put the easy lube axels on these Hemispheres , what you will need to do is buy Bearing Buddies and install yourself. Lots of Vids on u-tube as to how to install. If you have the 5200 or 6000 Lb. axels you will need the 2.44 bearing buddies. Best place I found to buy them was WalMart on line , Curt Brand all 4 cost me 54.00 with free shipping to my local store . You will need a Torque wrench when putting the wheels back on and leave the rubber caps that come with the Bearing Buddies off they BB will fit tight against your chrome center cap.
Any questions just ask.
One other thing , you will need a good Hyd. Jack that you can place between the u bolt for the springs to lift one wheel at a time, do not jack out on the axel as damage may occur.
Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 gas
Sailor Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 11:29 PM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Bill View Post
The cheap AH didn't put the easy lube axels on these Hemispheres , what you will need to do is buy Bearing Buddies and install yourself. Lots of Vids on u-tube as to how to install. If you have the 5200 or 6000 Lb. axels you will need the 2.44 bearing buddies. Best place I found to buy them was WalMart on line , Curt Brand all 4 cost me 54.00 with free shipping to my local store . You will need a Torque wrench when putting the wheels back on and leave the rubber caps that come with the Bearing Buddies off they BB will fit tight against your chrome center cap.
Any questions just ask.
One other thing , you will need a good Hyd. Jack that you can place between the u bolt for the springs to lift one wheel at a time, do not jack out on the axel as damage may occur.

Okay great so it is just a grease adapter really that goes over it. Can you take the center pierce for the hub off to install? Or just take the entire wheel off?
Salem Hemisphere
337BAR
cmh920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:48 AM   #216

You must remove the wheel to install the bearing buddies. Not a Big job.
Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 gas
Sailor Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:03 PM   #217
337BAR

Traded our 27RR ToyHauler in for a 337BAR(love this floorplan!) 3rd RV. First 5er. All the threads are greatly appreciated and needed in my opinion. We are nervous, its big & intimidating compared to our current setup.
Question I have:
My Tow Vehicle is 07 2500HD. Extended Cab 6.5’ bed.
Do I need helper springs?
Do I need a slider hitch??? Appreciate feedback.
27RR Kensils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:48 PM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27RR Kensils View Post
Traded our 27RR ToyHauler in for a 337BAR(love this floorplan!) 3rd RV. First 5er. All the threads are greatly appreciated and needed in my opinion. We are nervous, its big & intimidating compared to our current setup.
Question I have:
My Tow Vehicle is 07 2500HD. Extended Cab 6.5’ bed.
Do I need helper springs?
Do I need a slider hitch??? Appreciate feedback.

You will not Need a slider hitch on a 6.5 foot bed because of the contour of the fifth wheel nose cone. You really won’t know if you need help or Springs or airbags until you get it on the road and feel how it handles over bumps. Everyone I know myself included have installed air bags to assist in the bounce you may get from the heavier pin box. I love my 337bar hope you enjoy yours.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:58 AM   #219

How to get TV sound to go thur the RV speakers on a Salem Hemisphere 337 bar.
Roger Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:09 PM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Burns View Post
How to get TV sound to go thur the RV speakers on a Salem Hemisphere 337 bar.
It is not 'easy', I let the kids figure it out (they are better at that than I am). Just make sure the 'outside' speakers are 'off'. (Neighbor did not seems to like the cartoons that were on.... )

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem