Old 05-06-2015, 11:46 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekfinch View Post
I can't seem to get the TV to play through the sound system. I have had this in all the other RVs that I have had. Anybody had this trouble or know how to fix the problem. Just sounds better through the system. The TV is hooked up correctly, but I cannot get to the sound system unless I take it out. The audio out on the TV is grayed out when I look at it on the menu/setup screen.

KF
Can not tell you exactly on how to do it, but it is in the 'tv' menu somewhere. I let the wife do it and just sit and smile while she gets it going. As a reminder, when you do get it going to the inside stereo system, make sure that the outside speakers are not on (unless you are outside). Watched half of a movie before we realized that our neighbors could hear it too.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 03:27 PM   #22
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Is it a Jensen system?
Our Jensen won't play through the sound system unless you hard wire the TV into the jack on the front of the audio system and use AUX.

1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:50 AM   #23

Smile TV not Playing through Sound System

Well, I figured it out. The TV is a Jenson and it had AUdio Output jacks. The wires were installed from the TV output to the AUdio unit output. THat will never work. WHen I installed a new cable from the output of the TV to the input of the audio unit and went into the setup of the TV and turned the TV speakers off and turned the audio output to fixed. IT worked. They tried to make the three wire video and sound work for both TV and the DVD player. That would never work.

I also changed out one of the fans with the Heng's Vortex fan. Easy exchange. Instructions are not great, but if you have a knack for mechanical stuff it is very easy. Works like a charm and is a GIANT upgrade from the trashy little fans that are in the unit. I have another one for the kitchen area.

I also want to get a vent hood that vents to the outside. The area over the stove has to be open, so it should not be hard to vent it horizontally out the side of the unit. My Rockford Travel Trailer had this. If I work it out I will let the forum know about the outcome.

KF
Old 05-10-2015, 10:57 AM   #24

Outside TV

Does the 377 BAR come with the TV support to hook a tv on the outside. IF not, what works with the hardware that is attached to the outside over the passthrough storage area? Thanks, KF
Old 05-10-2015, 12:04 PM   #25
Rodney & Patty

Yes..both the TV brackets have the ears that will attach to the outside bracket.

2015 Salem Hemishere 337 BAR
2014 Ram 3500SRW Laramie 6.7 I6
rdenslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:59 PM   #26

Smoke Detector

Anyone have any problems with the smoke detector? Every time my wife cooks sausage even with the exhaust fan on, the smoke detector goes off. I took it down. I think I will replace it and maybe the new one will not be so sensitive. Any other suggestions??
Old 05-11-2015, 11:33 PM   #27
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

No, we haven't had a problem with ours.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:36 PM   #28

My lincpad worked a couple of times on all my sliders. Now it only works on the bedroom slider. I wonder if I am doing something incorrect. I know the linc is active per the wifi manager. ANy ideas??? It is handy when it works. Especially for dumping water off of the slide out covers. I am working on a solution to keep the water off all the time.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:34 PM   #29

Ekfinch
Did you get your lic pad to work again? My did the same thing you are talking about.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 06-11-2015, 08:23 PM   #30
Rodney & Patty

A few days into our maiden voyage with the new bar...no complaints. Trailered well, even through some God awful mountain pass that the GPS sent us across. No leaks, no failures, no faults..except the fact that the awning is about 12 ft off the ground. Does the job but being so high, even a light rain can wet more than half way under. Happy with our choice...

2015 Salem Hemishere 337 BAR
2014 Ram 3500SRW Laramie 6.7 I6
rdenslow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem