Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2016, 06:06 PM   #41
CRS

The ceramic tiles make the very small Suburban oven useable...works pretty darn good. As mentioned above a few....
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:57 PM   #42
Andy & Ann

Thanks for the reply
awhitlow2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:10 PM   #43
Andy & Ann

Where did you find the un-glazed tiles?
Old 01-09-2016, 12:58 AM   #44
CRS

The unglazed tiles are quite common. We bought our at Menard's.
Old 01-09-2016, 11:06 AM   #45
Bill Scott

Here is what they told me. I am still a bit foggy on the issue and I'm not sure what they told me is correct. We thought we bought a gas/electric fridge. We did not. It is a residential model and only works on AC. We were told, in order to use the fridge without shore power, we had to turn the inverter on and it would drain the battery, because the truck can't charge it fast enough. We make a 9 hour trip, opened the freezer and everything was still frozen without turning on the inverter. That's all I can tell you about it. Good luck.
BillScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 11:32 AM   #46
CRS

We have had our 337 for almost a year now.... We live in Michigan & travel to Texas...We bought last February in Houston.... Moved to Austin...then home to Michigan....came back to Austin the 3rd week of December... Moved to Houston about 19 days ago.... I have experience d zero impact from the inverter draining the battery......
Old 01-09-2016, 02:45 PM   #47
Andy & Ann

Thanks guys. We greatly appreciate your input.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:05 AM   #48
Bill Scott

Thanks for the info. CRS. So do you turn the inverter on when you unplug from shore power, and turn it off when you plug it back in?
Old 01-10-2016, 11:48 AM   #49
CRS

My routine is once we are plugged into the truck, I unplugged the electricity & vice versa when plug in at the park....right or wrong but my thoughts are the less interruption of the power is better...no problem anytime...I enjoy learning from others experiences...I would imagine if the truck of not running for a period of time,, that the inverter would take down the battery rather quickly....I have no idea how long that would be, but I have shut of the engine for 1/2 hour or so.. And it has had no impact on the batteries...would depend on the age of the batteries, quality, etc...
Old 01-10-2016, 11:51 AM   #50
CRS

I for got to mention , after I plug the RV to the truck....this is when I turn on the inverter, then unplug the electricity at the post... Then at the pole, I plug in the RV & turn on the breaker...I then go to the inverter & turn it off... My thinking is the less interruption, the better
Old 01-10-2016, 12:05 PM   #51
CRS

Fyi....337 Bar owners with the residential Whirlpool refrigerator...... Just an FYI to keep an eye on....we noticed on our second voyage that the top door on the freezer was not sealing well....I called FR who referred me to Whirlpool... Once I explained the situation to them, the next thing that happened very quickly...Whirlpool dispatched a local very reputable repair service out & they ended up replacing the entire door & seal...stating the reason for the door not sealing was due to the foam insulation that Whirlpool was using taking an extended time to cure & it was expanding & warping the doors...they fixed it & everything is working normally......... We have recently experienced the outside speakers not working....ended up being a defective radio, we are waiting for a new radio to come from FR.....all of things issues are not a fault of FR & are warranty issues that are in the works of being repaired.... We have been very impressed with FR's passion to please....can't ask for more....
Old 01-10-2016, 12:34 PM   #52
Bill Scott

Yes that is what someone told me. I was also told that the truck only trickle charges the rv battery and on very long pull, it can drain the rv battery down. There is something about the trucks second battery car rising the truck to stop charging the battery and therefore the rv battery too. But that is getting close to surpassing my level of intelligence. Lol.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:35 PM   #53
Bill Scott

Causing not rising.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:38 PM   #54
CRS

All I can address is we travel about 350-400 miles per day with the inverter running off of the truck & have experienced zero impact on our batteries....works for our needs, no problem...
Old 01-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #55
CRS

Today's learning's...ha-ha....this years trip back to Texas.....on board Linc System.....works fine, just don't connect it to the internet as it asked me if I wanted to update the Google software that was pre-loaded.. When I said OK..it corrputed a file in MY RV....making it useless even tho I was connected to the modem I couldn't get to any functions to operate my RV...so I performed a factory re-set and lost all MY RV software....I then went to Google Play store & searched under Lippert for my rv......not there so I called Lippert & I am in the process of shipping my tablet back to them so they can re-load the. MY RV software back on the tablet.....The BIG thing I did find on Google play is : software for your smart phone that will allow you to operate all MY RV function, slides, lights, stabilizers from your smart phone....how cool......my suggestion is to never use the on-board Linc System for anything other than that.... But I love having the LCI One Control software from Google play on my smart phone! My smart actually connects better than the tablet......just a tip from a 337 BAR owner
Old 01-10-2016, 06:51 PM   #56
Bill Scott

Good advice, CRS. I don't like the Linkpad. I would have rather had the discount. The videos are worthless as they have little to do with my 5th wheel, the awing and awing lights work. When I was going to use it so I could level my RV while inside, neither the up or down arrows worked, so I stuck it back in the holder and there it sits.

My current conundrum is trying to figure out to make the TV play through the same speakers the entertainment system does. My salesman was a really nice guy, but neither he nor his company have any idea what the RVs they sell do. He said I had no TV antenna. I turned the TV on and got 21 excellent channels 55 miles away from any towers, in woods so thick my cell phone doesn't work six miles from the tower. The refrigerator is gas/electric. NOT!

The only real problem I have is the cheesy hitch I bought from a local RV parts dealer. The hitch works fine, but it takes several forward and back pulls before I can pull the release handle. I've even tried beating on it with a rubber hammer, but raising and lowering the RV and pulling forward and back 4 or 5 times usually breaks it free.

I had a backup camera installed on the RV and ran a wire from the back of the RV into the cab of the truck, with a connect in the hitch area. Big seven inch color screen. Waze sent me into a cul-de-sac the other day and I had to get out of there with a 23-foot truck connected to a 40-foot RV. Took me about 4-5 tries, but with that backup camera, even in the dark, it saved me a lot of trroble. I think a back up camera should be standard equipment on all RVs like mine. It wouldn't be that much extra (about $275 plus installation) and you can back up anywhere. But, the most use I get out of the camera, is looking to see who is coming up to pass me. Since You can't always see them in your side mirrors, it has been a tremendous help. Also, when I pass someone, and I can see the front of their vehicle with this camera, I know it is safe to move back in the lane they are in. Sometimes these 4-wheelers can be doing 100 MPH, and if they come up behind you, without the camera in the back, you wouldn't know it until you were side by side a 18 wheeler going about 2 MPH slower than you. Having a 360 degree view of everything around you relieves a lot of white knuckle driving on a busy freeway.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:58 PM   #57
Bill Scott

Oh, I just thought of two other things. My wife brought in the passenger side slideout this morning and broke off a fan blade. I think the mounting is faulty. It let one blade hang too far down and the slideout snapped it off.

Also, 2 weeks after the unit sat in my driveway, I found a 3 inch long rusty screw in vertical position sticking in the sidewall of one tire. I have no doubt the screw was in the tire before I bought the unit, but have no proof. Anyway, before I could get it fixed, the tire went flat, (of course it broke the bands) and I had to buy a new tire.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:36 PM   #58
CRS

Hi Bill Scott, the back up camera is a sound tip, Thanks...the software from Google & using a smart phone actually works better than the inexpensive tablet on board. We really enjoy this unit! I have no issue with the fan but will keep an eye out for potential issues. Thanks, CRS
Old 01-10-2016, 09:49 PM   #59

Maintenance Issues

I just purchased my 337BAR and it is a really nice unit. However on my first trip out I had several maintenance issues I had to repair. First off when I plugged into shore power I only had electricity to half of the camper. After checking the obvious stuff I found that the main plug (attached to the camper) had a loose wire. I had to take the back wall loose in the storage compartment to fix this. While back there I noticed that the heating ducts were very poorly installed and had several leaks and one was hardly attached at all. I also noticed how poorly insulated the living quarters are from the storage compartment. The next day after doing dishes I noticed water on the floor and discovers a loose hot water line. After checking all other lines the bathroom cold line was loose as well. These were all fairly easy fixes for me but could be very hard for others. Perhaps the quality department should look into some of these issue to provide a better product.
M1Tanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:56 PM   #60
Andy & Ann

M1
Where did you purchase your unit? Wife and I are looking at this model.

Tags
salem