Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2016, 12:25 PM   #101
Bill Scott

Don't skip the walk-thru. Very important, and I do not know if this applies to all RV manufacturers, but don't expect to get much help from the manufacturers with small problems, so be sure you are satisfied with the workmanship before you sign the dotted line. I'm having to buy and install new fan blades because the manufacturer forgot to secure one when it was built, and possibly replacing those dreaded hanging lights over the island. They are heavy, and if they start swinging while traveling, they will snap off like a twig. You are not buying something that is absolutely perfect. Don't get discouraged and waste your time by expecting them to fix every little thing you find wrong after you buy it. Be sure and check all your plumbing after your first pull as you are likely to find leaks, and be sure all of your tires are in good nick. Trailer tires are not cheap.
BillScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 12:07 AM   #102

Thanks BillScott this helps a lot.... will at least make sure we add checking the fan, hanging lights and, of course, the tires to our list.
We realize it may not be perfect, but we intend to point out anything that may be a problem and do our best to get it corrected.
Boy that is really disturbing to have to worry about those lights breaking during travel. Bummer.... Sorry about your luck and thanks so much for the heads up!
GH Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:07 AM   #103
Bill Scott

GH Camper - Those hanging lights are definitely a serious design flaw. They will all break eventually. The rods are just too long to support the weight of those globes in a swaying RV. I don't think they look good anyway. I am planning on taking them both down and replacing them with something more practical.

Have the salesperson point out the tank dumping valves. There are three on mine and I was not able to find one shred of information on what each of them are. Luckily, I correctly guessed the one in the middle was the blackwater dump valve.

The first time we used the furnace, the thermostat was 20 degrees off. I ordered a new thermostat (they are cheap), but the darn thing fixed itself on the next trip. I have no idea what the problem was.

If you have a residential refrigerator, be advised that it runs on electricity only regardless of what your salesman tells you. There is a inverter in the large bay in the middle/front of the RV. You can turn it on if you want to power the refrigerator when traveling. But, I have made a 9-hour pull without using the inverter, and everything in the freezer was still frozen. I have heard that running the refrigerator on the inverter will run the battery down in about 8 hours. Mainly because the tow vehicle may not be able to charge the trailer battery if the tow vehicle battery is at full charge.

Yes, I would buy the same RV again. This is my 4th RV and I am pleased with it. Just don't let the dealer oversell you on the product. They ALL have problems.

Remember the idiom: The difference between a used car salesman and an RV salesman is, the used car salesman KNOWS when he is lying.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:34 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
Here is a picture of the one we use....we got it in a cherry version

Attachment 100002

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
HELP! I have been unable to find this table. I'm sure Im just missing it somehow.... Do u know for sure if it is still avilable? And if so exactly where do I need to go to order?
Old 03-10-2016, 06:21 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH Camper View Post
HELP! I have been unable to find this table. I'm sure Im just missing it somehow.... Do u know for sure if it is still avilable? And if so exactly where do I need to go to order?

Its on eBay - do a search for side table

heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:23 AM   #106

Quote:
Its on eBay - do a search for side table

We got ours from LTD Commodities catalog a couple years ago....not sure if they still have it....it came in cherry or natural at the time

Check ltdcommodities.com

Old 03-10-2016, 06:25 AM   #107

Quote:
We got ours from LTD Commodities catalog a couple years ago....not sure if they still have it....it came in cherry or natural at the time

Check ltdcommodities.com

Collections etc has some also

Old 03-10-2016, 10:19 AM   #108

Thanks. I did my best to look into LTD and CW....but not Ebay.... Let me try that.
Appreciate the help!
Old 03-10-2016, 10:20 AM   #109

Oh will look into this also.... Thanks so much!!
Old 01-23-2017, 07:33 AM   #110
CRS

My lunch system is not working on my two rear slides....I can hear the modem activating when I call for a slide to move, but no movement....Any thoughts out there on the problem? We love our unit, had a roof leak on a slide but was repaired by the dealer last winter while in Texas, plus the outside speakers quite working & was also replaced by the dealer, other than that all is good. Now to figure out the line system not working.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forest River Forums mobile app
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:00 AM   #111
Bill Scott

I am going to assume that each slide is independent, and if you hear the motor activating on either slide, that is a real mystery. I have no idea. I get no support from Forest River or the dealer. Rving since 1992, I have learned that the best solution is to either do it yourself or find a serviceman in your area to come and fix it. If it's a big bill I'll go through the misery of trying to get the manufacturer to help, but for all the minor things I take care of it myself.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:17 AM   #112
CRS

Yes each slide is independent & works just fine from the control buttons.... Just doesn't when I use the link remote....I can hear in the modem that the modem is hearing the command, but the slides don't activate... I am beginning to hear rumors of a possible fuse or breaker somewhere... Anyone have any experience with this happening?

Old 01-23-2017, 10:26 AM   #113
Bill Scott

On you are referring the tablet. Mine hasn't worked properly since the day I bought the RV. I don't use it at all. it's just a piece of junk.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:30 AM   #114
CRS

Yes, the tablet link system....Used to work just fine, until will tried to use it last fall & just won't activate the rear slides.....Bedroom slide is OK...

Old 01-29-2017, 03:43 PM   #115

Blown fuse on the unit behind the side wall inside the pass thru storage, what you are hearing is the link connecting but the fuse stops the power to the motors.
Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 gas
Sailor Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 04:40 PM   #116
CRS

Hi Bill that is great info, I appreciate it very much. I am a bit unclear on the location of the fuse. Is it near the modem, which is located on the wall behind the drawers in the bathroom? I appreciate your reply! Cal

Old 01-29-2017, 04:42 PM   #117

I have a 327re so it must be in a different location.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:46 PM   #118
CRS

Thanks for the reply. I had vaguely heard there might be a fuse somewhere. At least this confirms what I thought I heard. I just need to locate that, but I'll look further. Thanks again!

Old 01-29-2017, 04:48 PM   #119

Using the link remote keep tapping it to engage and follow the clicking sound.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:51 PM   #120
CRS

I know where the modem is located, no problem there...I just haven't investigated any further if there is an inline fuse located there. Good idea on how to find the modem.

Tags
salem