Old 01-10-2016, 09:57 PM   #61

Fun town RV in Waco Tx.

Old 01-10-2016, 09:58 PM   #62

It's nice just do a good walk through when you purchase it.

Old 01-10-2016, 09:58 PM   #63
Andy & Ann

Thanks. Don't mind driving if savings is there.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:14 AM   #64
Bill Scott

Hi, Tanker

Yes, most RV's need their plumbing tightened after the first pull.

You're right, finding a fault like the one you found with the power line would be too much for me. I know some people may be offended by this; but, at my age, I have come to the conclusion that when you get a good deal, somebody pays for it.

I bought my first RV in 1974. I find it hard to talk about it after 42 years. It was one of those vans with a raised top, a propane stove, no AC, and a porta-potty. I ended up taking it back to the dealer and swore I would never get into another one.

My second RV was purchased in 1993. It was a 30' Newmar Kountry Star TT. That coach was built perfectly. I dragged it for a couple years without a single incident, except for a blowout that required a small amount of repair for body damage.

My third RV was a $238,000 ($373K in 2016 dollars) Holiday Rambler Imperial, Diesel pusher, class A, I purchased in 1995. The only problem I ever had with that coach was a small warranty repair on the Cummins Diesel that took the repair center in Amarillo 15 minutes to find, and 5 minutes to fix.

I'm 73, and I can remember when everything was bought to last a lifetime. We have gone from that to an environment where "Planned Obsolescence" turns everything we buy into "a throw away item." I haven't had a personal computer fixed since 1983. Most things we buy last longer if we pay more for them, but all the good companies have pretty much gone out of business.

For example, all my life I wanted a killer stereo system. Do you know how hard it is to find a good stereo system these days? All you can find are home theater systems that don't last very long. As far as I know, there is only one company that still makes an excellent stereo system--Outlaw, and I put $4,000 into an Outlaw system several years back, and it is still as good as the day I bought it. It's the nearest thing a person can have that mimics a full symphony orchestra in your living room.

If we went to the RV lot looking for quality instead of price, eventually we would see the units improved; but, I don't see that happening anytime soon. We end up spending more money over the long run, but psychologically we are able to buy things we really can't afford and suffer for it afterwards.

Kind of like bottled water. I went to a performance of a symphony orchestra Saturday night. People were standing in line, waiting to buy bottled water, with a public drinking fountain three steps to the left of the line. Have we gone crazy or is it that I'm just getting old?
Old 01-11-2016, 12:39 PM   #65

Demontrond I45 Houston will give you the best price.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:53 PM   #66
Andy & Ann

Thanks for the dealer info. I have looked at Couch RV Nation in Ohio but don't have any input about them. Couch is closer to me but not afraid to go to Houston (450 vs 650).
Has anyone had experience with Couch RV Nation in Hamilton, OH?
Old 01-11-2016, 05:17 PM   #67
Bill Scott

My wife bought our 2015 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 337 BAR in Saucier, MS at Ranchland Trailers. She talked the salesman down to $31K. It has two ACs and the front AC takes a heat strip, but I'm pretty sure I will need to buy the heat strip. I don't think there is one in it. They had a bunk bed model just like it with one AC on the lot.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:58 AM   #68

Salem Hemisphere 337 BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhitlow2000 View Post
Thanks for the dealer info. I have looked at Couch RV Nation in Ohio but don't have any input about them. Couch is closer to me but not afraid to go to Houston (450 vs 650).
Has anyone had experience with Couch RV Nation in Hamilton, OH?

I purchased a 2015 Hemishere 282rk through Jeff Couch and saved $. Enough that it was worth the drive. I'm in SC and I had them send me the paper work prior to purchase so everything was done before I arrived for pickup. I think this helped moving things along once I got there.
I don't remember my salesman's name at the moment. I did meet Jeff and he seemed like a genuine guy.

The TT was parked inside the service bay hooked up to electricity and water when I got there to do the walk through. The tech that did the walk through with me was good and knew what he was talking about. He didn't rush me and asked me during if I had any questions.
They also installed the hitch system to the trailer for me and made sure it was at a good level ride height with my truck once connected.

The only major thing was the trailer was parked too close to another 5th wheel and prevented my awning from opening up all the way. So when I got back to SC I find that the awning wouldn't retract without assisting it.

Just like everyone has posted before on the forum...... Check every single thing and I do mean everything before leaving with it.
Make plans to be there all day if needed.

My experience was good and I would buy from them again.

Look in the Dealer reviews section for more reviews. There are some there.

tlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:09 PM   #69
Andy & Ann

Thanks Tim for the input. I will check out the dealer reviews.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:17 PM   #70

Salem Hemisphere 337 BAR

Your welcome.

I never posted my review so I just did it also.

tlambert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem