Old 01-12-2016, 02:34 PM   #71
Andy & Ann

I have a guy who does some maintenance on my truck who has a unit being delivered soon from Couch. He is going to let me know when it arrives so my wife and I may take a look at it. He will also be able to comment on Couch's performance.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:23 PM   #72
CRS

337 bar owners.....we love this unit & I'm curious if others owners have noticed what I have experienced....I seem to have considerable movement in unit when someone walks across the floor..I can live with it but wondered if this is from the aluminum structure? If other owners have experienced this, what did you do to reduce this movement? Will placing Jack's in front of the wheels from the ground to the frame help? We do have a king pin stabilizer which helps but it's not enough, in my opinion......enjoying this unit on our second run from Michigan to Texas for three months! Thanks!

Old 01-21-2016, 01:36 PM   #73
Bill Scott

You are using your rear stabilizers are you not? If they are down it lessens the movement considerably. It's a trailer. The only way you are going to eliminate movement entirely is to buy some jacks and put them where you want them. But never try to lift the rig with stabilizers.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:43 PM   #74
Bill Scott

When are you coming to Vicksburg? I would be happy to take you through ours and answer any questions that you might have. So far, we have done four trips with it, and other than the hitch I bought, I have no complaints. I found out you have line up the pin on the trailer with the hitch in exactly the same place. Then you have to lift the trailer in the exact position before you can pull the hitch lock out. That my friend is a pain in the butt, but I am getting more proficient at it. I have also made a great deal of progress in backing into the 90 turn in our driveway. I wrote earlier that I ended up in a cul-de-sac down in Florida and managed to wiggle my way out without damaging anything. I had a travel trailer and a motor home before. A 5th wheel creates an entirely new geometric arrangement.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:55 PM   #75
CRS

Yes, I am using rear stabilizers...just curious if any other owners out there have experienced this & what they did to reduce movement.....Thanks for the input!
Old 01-21-2016, 03:48 PM   #76
Bill Scott

I have seen RV's parked with small jacks set upon concrete blocks with a piece of plywood on top, but yes, I have felt movement occasionally when my 95 lb wife stomps around. I'm 100 pounds heavier and don't make near as much racket as she does. I think the "Lite" at the end of 'Hemisphere' means it is probably not as structurally sound as the old ones used to be, but as long as it bends, and not breaks, I guess it is going to give a little bit. I had a 30' TT that weight the same as this 40' monster, and it's dry weight was about the same. That worries me just a little bit.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:36 PM   #77
CRS

Good thoughts..mainly curious.....don't know at this point whether I would bother....Love this unit!
Old 01-21-2016, 05:37 PM   #78
Andy & Ann

Bill
May be April before I get over. Will be in touch via email.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:37 PM   #79
CRS

Greetings fellow 337 bar enthusiasts, Does anyone happen to know the spec for maximum water pressure the these units can safely handle? I don't see it listed in the owners manual anywhere. I have a fixed regulator to 40-45 lbs but the water pressure is too low. A fellow camper suggested getting an adjustable one & set it just below factory specs to get better pressure. Any thoughts out there? Thanks!
Old 02-02-2016, 08:00 PM   #80
Bill Scott

CRS, in the 10 years I did some heavy RVing, I always kept the water pressure low myself. I know if you like a lot of pressure, it can be inconvenient, but I would much rather have low pressure instead of having to tear a hole in the wall and fixing a leaking or broken water pipe. You can get an adjustable one, but be careful and don't expect to get the water pressure you get in your house.

Tags
salem