Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2017, 10:14 AM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by musgrove74 View Post
Do any of you have issues with the main slide and bedroom slide making you not level when extended? I assume it's because all of the storage is on that side.

To make your camper 'level' when the slides are extended.... Have it slightly 'unlevel' before the slides are out and when you then slide them out, the weight will 'level' the camper out. you will have to experiment on the position of where your 'bubbles' are when you 'start' (slides in) and when you 'end' (slides out)

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:15 AM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
To make your camper 'level' when the slides are extended.... Have it slightly 'unlevel' before the slides are out and when you then slide them out, the weight will 'level' the camper out. you will have to experiment on the position of where your 'bubbles' are when you 'start' (slides in) and when you 'end' (slides out)
That's what I'm going to do on the next trip. Thanks for the tip.
musgrove74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 05:05 PM   #163

TV/stereo

Just picked up the 2017 337 last weekend. Using it this weekend and wondering about tv vs DVD as far as the sound system? Is there an easy way to check to see if the system is hooked up correctly? Right now we have to manually turn tv speaker on and off before and after DVD use
Rick L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 07:19 PM   #164

If the 337 has the same system as the 327 the DVD is built into the system and uses its speakers and on using the TV thru the system required me feeding a set of RCA jack cords to the aux input, not real hard but a PIA..
Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 gas
Sailor Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:19 AM   #165
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekfinch View Post
My lincpad worked a couple of times on all my sliders. Now it only works on the bedroom slider. I wonder if I am doing something incorrect. I know the linc is active per the wifi manager. ANy ideas??? It is handy when it works. Especially for dumping water off of the slide out covers. I am working on a solution to keep the water off all the time.
The fuse is probably blown...I found mine in the basement behind the wall....door side basement...wall to your left of the compartment
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh920 View Post
Thank you for the information. It does seem nice and has good quality. What where those minor problems?
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:29 AM   #166
CRS

Quote:
Demontrond I45 Houston will give you the best price.
There service has been great...but the sales department esp the finance guy leaves a bit to be desired....we purchased our 337 bar there in Feb 2015
Old 08-27-2017, 09:40 AM   #167
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
My lunch system is not working on my two rear slides....I can hear the modem activating when I call for a slide to move, but no movement....Any thoughts out there on the problem? We love our unit, had a roof leak on a slide but was repaired by the dealer last winter while in Texas, plus the outside speakers quite working & was also replaced by the dealer, other than that all is good. Now to figure out the line system not working.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Found the fuses that control the Linc system behind a panel door side storage bay to the left hand side
Old 08-27-2017, 09:42 AM   #168
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curriers View Post
We are in the process of purchasing a new Hemisphere this week. Tell me, are you still loving yours?
Love it for two years now
Old 08-27-2017, 09:49 AM   #169

Had it 2 years now in New England.
We love it
brianpatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:35 AM   #170

Fresh Water Tank?

Good Morning All,

I recently purchased the 337 BAR, we love it so far. I wanted to find out from y'all, how long does your water tank last on a new fill up? Also, might seem dumb, at what point do you stop filling your water tank? I fill it to where it comes out of the vents but it will keep pouring out after a while. It's just doesn't seem like my tank is lasting long and we don't use much water. Any help is great, I'm new to the rving experience.

Thank you,

Chad
cmh920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:42 AM   #171

Quote:
Good Morning All,

I recently purchased the 337 BAR, we love it so far. I wanted to find out from y'all, how long does your water tank last on a new fill up? Also, might seem dumb, at what point do you stop filling your water tank? I fill it to where it comes out of the vents but it will keep pouring out after a while. It's just doesn't seem like my tank is lasting long and we don't use much water. Any help is great, I'm new to the rving experience.

Thank you,

Chad

I have noticed that I lose water from the vent and overflow tubes while I travel. So I installed 2 shut off valves (Lowes) that I turn off ONLY while traveling. All other times they are open and now I get maximum use of my fresh water holding tank.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:32 AM   #172

Quote:
Good Morning All,

Thank you,

Chad
Your water tank, when you over flow it AND traveling down the road and slosh side to side, will get a suction flow and end up draining part of your tank. The tank does not seem to last very long because some of your water it gone. Install valves at the breather vent. Be very careful when filling tank that the breather vent is open so the tank does not bulge and explode. Try not to fill so far that water comes out the vent... shut off vent when full and ready to travel. Open vent when setting up at camp. Many people have had problems with bent holding brackets and water tanks coming loose (falling out) from weight and bulges in tank.

Old 09-22-2017, 01:26 PM   #173

Thanks for the help. So I should buy a small valve to put on the vent and open it when setting up shop so to speak?
Do you recommend any specific procedure as far as filling up? Or if you can tell me how you fill your tank up.

Thank you again.
Salem Hemisphere
337BAR
cmh920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:31 PM   #174

Quote:
Thanks for the help. So I should buy a small valve to put on the vent and open it when setting up shop so to speak?
Do you recommend any specific procedure as far as filling up? Or if you can tell me how you fill your tank up.

Thank you again.

Make sure the valve is always open. The only time it needs to be closed is when you are traveling. With the valve open fill the tank until sensor inside shows full. Try not to overfill until the water pours out the overflow. As stated before that's excess weight on the tank support straps. I myself installed a valve on both the overflow and vent tubes and have not had an issue since.

Happy camping
Old 09-22-2017, 01:38 PM   #175

Quote:

Thank you again.
the 'valve' that I use, is a 'sleeve' that slides over the drain tube. The 'sleeve' is threaded on each end (about 3inches long) and a 'cap' with the pipe diameter open on the end.... slide the sleeve up and tighten that end. on the other end I have a 'stopper' that fits in the 'end cap' to plug the 'sleeve' (pipe connector). I pull the end cap and plug out to let it breath and put plug and cap back on when traveling. I got this 'sleeve' at Home Depot and matched to the size of my drain pipe.

When filling the water tank, watch the full/empty lights. When it says 'full'. shut the water off. this will be safer that 'bulging' your water tank and blowing water out the over flow. Once water starts coming out of the over flow, it is harder to stop as there is suction on the pipe and it does pull water out of the tank.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:52 PM   #176

Love our Salem. Only a couple of bummers. I hate taking the propane tanks to refill. It is a real pain. Any ideas on how to make this easier. We finally bought new chairs. They finally just got to much. Hurt my knee trying to close them.

Also, how do you put clorox into the fresh water tank to clean it.

KF
ekfinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:37 PM   #177

propane tanks

Anyone have any good ideas to make the propane tanks easier to take out. Mine are nearly impossible to take out and then return once I have them refilled. Or, am I doing something the hard way.

KF
ekfinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:48 PM   #178

Quote:
Anyone have any good ideas to make the propane tanks easier to take out. Mine are nearly impossible to take out and then return once I have them refilled. Or, am I doing something the hard way.

KF

Honestly I would like to know also?

I have the heritage glen and I just had to wrestle to get one out to find out it was more than half full!!!!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3471.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	420.2 KB
ID:	156298
Blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:15 PM   #179

I have the Salem hemisphere 337BAR and I found that lifting the tank and removing it bottom first is the easiest.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:59 PM   #180

Salem Hemisphere 337 BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpatten View Post
I have the Salem hemisphere 337BAR and I found that lifting the tank and removing it bottom first is the easiest.

I have a 368rlbhk, I have also found this to be the easiest method. Still kind of a pita, but easier.
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem