Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2015, 01:01 AM   #1

Salem Hemisphere 337 BAR

Would like to start a post for people that own the SH 337 BAR fifth wheel. We just purchased one to do some extensive traveling in the next few years. We love our unit. Our first night out was this last Friday night, Mitchell, SD. It hailed four times in the same evening. No damage thankfully. Love all of the storage inside and out. I do have one window blind that won't work so will be touching bases with the dealer. Would like to hear about your unit, any tips or tricks and places you may have been to camp. Happy RVing!
rfranks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:21 AM   #2
Rodney & Patty

Congratulations on your 337bar. My wife and I took delivery of ours a few weeks back and have only spent one night in ours too. I have not come across any other 337bar owners on here yet. It's a new model so we are a limited group. As for tricks... I am looking too. Most everything is tried and true from other models, even the residential fridge, if you have that option. The kitchen was the selling point for us, it's a one of kinda thing. Good luck with it...

2015 Salem Hemishere 337 BAR
2014 Ram 3500SRW Laramie 6.7 I6
rdenslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:41 PM   #3

337 bar owner

We just purchased one as well. From Georgia. Travel to Oklahoma, Texas, Tennessee and Colorado Springs during at least four trips per year. Love the unit. I have had some problems with the kitchen alcove. When we run the exhaust, not vented outside even though we were told it was, the smoke alarm goes off. The exhaust fan in the kitchen area and bathroom are really cheap. i will be replacing them with better quality fans. The clothes rack in the closed fell off when we hung our clothes on it. I fixed with machines bolts through the shelf. They only had four 3/4 inch screws in the bar. The bathroom sink is dinky and not the quality I expected, but we both love the size of the shower. The bed was a brick, but with a foam pad and mattress protector, it is more comfortable. I may consider getting a new mattress. The lounge chairs in the living area are a little rough to get to lean back. We sort of have to manhandle them to make them work. For the price, this is really a large unit with lots of room. It is also not too heavy for towing. Any input and ideas would be greatly appreciated. The only mod I have made is a cat litter area. I took off one of the cabinet doors above the counter area where the blinds are. I then took off the right hand large door on the cabinet below and replaced it with the short door. Now the cat can go in the bottom and use the litter box. Out of the way. No one can see it. And, it makes it easy to clean. Hope to hear from you soon.

Keith
ekfinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:52 PM   #4

I believe the 337BAR is a new model for this year. we bought a 336rlt last year and it was discontinued in 2016. I was thinking the BAR took it's place,but I am not positive. We love our unit. Enjoy
pacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:45 AM   #5

Heritage Glenn 337 BAR

I love this trailer. Exactly the same as the Hemisphere as far as I can see. My wife loves the shower and the stove and microwave location. The pizza stove look is what sold her on the 5th wheel
mike1254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:49 PM   #6

Must be the same fifth wheel. Like the Rockwood and Flagstaff, they must be sisters and made in two tracks in the same factory. Great layout, just a few items that I would have liked to see upgraded and not so cheaply done. But, I have found that to be the case if each travel trailer I have owned. We are enjoying living in it for a month at each of our children's houses. Very comfortable. We love the openness of the living area. Have you had any problems??
Old 04-27-2015, 02:19 PM   #7

You can look at a million trailers and always find something you don't like about each one. I wish the storage doors were a little stronger with slam latches, hooks in the bathroom would be nice, and hooks just before the bedroom for keys and junk would also be nice. All small things. I have only taken it out once so far and no problems (knock on wood) I personally love the unit and all the room it has. Very nice for the price.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:22 PM   #8

I have to admit, with the recliners, which take a little work to get fully reclined , the TV and the fireplace , I feel like I am at home. Like most people I think I have better stuff in my trailer than I do at home
Old 04-27-2015, 09:48 PM   #9

Just purchased my 337 BAR the end of March. Haven't used it yet but scheduled for mothers day weekend. Like the kitchen layout with the full size fridge.
One question did anybody receive the literature pack for the different components?
I was told that all the info is on line but I have not been able to find it.
Other than that I like the storage space and ease of towing.
josephsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:07 PM   #10

All in all we just love our unit. I spent some time loading gear etc. this weekend. Bolted some PVC tubing to the wall of the basement storage area for fishing poles. Was excited about that. No more tangled lines. As with some there were a few things that needed addressing. Wasn't too big of a deal to fix them. The way I look at it, you can buy a million dollar home and have any one of the issues that were described above. But I feel the same. for the money I expect everything to be in working order. We had friends over this last weekend and they all loved it to death. We did look at the Heritage Glen model first and then ran onto the Salem Hemisphere and as luck would have it, it was a few thousand dollars cheaper. Basically the exact same units though.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:09 PM   #11

Manuals

THey are on the linc tablet. They have videos that explain everything. Some my not apply to your unit, but you can pick and choose what applies to yours. Funny, everyone seems to have trouble getting the lounge chairs to fully recline. You have to work at it. Has anyone had problems with the smoke detector. I had to take it down. Every time my wife cooked sausage it went off. I don't like the vent hood over the stove because it is not vented outside.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:49 AM   #12
Rodney & Patty

All of my manuals were in the entertainment center. Very typical (vague) paperwork about model identifying papers and some warranty stuff. They are there but useless. All of the good information can be found on the tablet...
Old 04-28-2015, 06:53 PM   #13

Where are the hotspots to camp in your areas to camp? The Missouri River runs through the middle of SD, so there are several hot spots there. We also have Glacial Lakes in the state where the camping is very nice. We camp exclusively at state run campgrounds because they are the best out there. There are maybe 5 other couples that we camp with. My wife and I purchased our first camper together several years ago and started recruiting different friends to camp with and who have since, all purchased campers. Needless to say we are a close knit group and love to hit the roads with our rigs. And try to catch a few Walleye while we're at it.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:15 PM   #14
Rodney & Patty

Your camping experience sounds much like ours - we too have been inviting other couples to our camping events. Some stay in as part of the group and others have stayed for a year or two and then went their own ways. We have one other couple that we camp with several time a year and have since 99. Here in upstate NY we have the Adirondack mountains, The Catskills, the St. Lawrence River and Lake Onterio plus the Finger Lakes Region. I would have no idea how many campground we have here but it's in the hundreds...
Old 04-28-2015, 07:55 PM   #15

Yeah we love camping with friends. Nothing better.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:06 AM   #16

I have Heritage Glenn 337 Bar. Seems to be a Salem Hemisphere twin. Does any one know the lug wrench size for the lugs nuts just incase you need to change a tire
Old 05-04-2015, 09:56 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1254 View Post
I have Heritage Glenn 337 Bar. Seems to be a Salem Hemisphere twin. Does any one know the lug wrench size for the lugs nuts just incase you need to change a tire
If it is like mine lug nuts, it is not a standard 4-way and you will need a thin wall socket, half inch exsention bar and a half inch size ratchet (breaker bar for leverage) and a torque wrench. (this is what I had to do) your question is 'what size' I will look and let you know what is on mine.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:12 PM   #18

No problems so far except we aren't traveling in it yet.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:15 PM   #19

Do you have the on board android tablet with your unit? It should be downloaded on it.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:31 AM   #20

TV not Playing through Sound System

I can't seem to get the TV to play through the sound system. I have had this in all the other RVs that I have had. Anybody had this trouble or know how to fix the problem. Just sounds better through the system. The TV is hooked up correctly, but I cannot get to the sound system unless I take it out. The audio out on the TV is grayed out when I look at it on the menu/setup screen.

KF

Tags
salem