Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2015, 10:46 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekfinch View Post
I can't seem to get the TV to play through the sound system. I have had this in all the other RVs that I have had. Anybody had this trouble or know how to fix the problem. Just sounds better through the system. The TV is hooked up correctly, but I cannot get to the sound system unless I take it out. The audio out on the TV is grayed out when I look at it on the menu/setup screen.

KF
Can not tell you exactly on how to do it, but it is in the 'tv' menu somewhere. I let the wife do it and just sit and smile while she gets it going. As a reminder, when you do get it going to the inside stereo system, make sure that the outside speakers are not on (unless you are outside). Watched half of a movie before we realized that our neighbors could hear it too.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:27 PM   #22
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Is it a Jensen system?
Our Jensen won't play through the sound system unless you hard wire the TV into the jack on the front of the audio system and use AUX.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:50 AM   #23

Smile TV not Playing through Sound System

Well, I figured it out. The TV is a Jenson and it had AUdio Output jacks. The wires were installed from the TV output to the AUdio unit output. THat will never work. WHen I installed a new cable from the output of the TV to the input of the audio unit and went into the setup of the TV and turned the TV speakers off and turned the audio output to fixed. IT worked. They tried to make the three wire video and sound work for both TV and the DVD player. That would never work.

I also changed out one of the fans with the Heng's Vortex fan. Easy exchange. Instructions are not great, but if you have a knack for mechanical stuff it is very easy. Works like a charm and is a GIANT upgrade from the trashy little fans that are in the unit. I have another one for the kitchen area.

I also want to get a vent hood that vents to the outside. The area over the stove has to be open, so it should not be hard to vent it horizontally out the side of the unit. My Rockford Travel Trailer had this. If I work it out I will let the forum know about the outcome.

KF
ekfinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:57 AM   #24

Outside TV

Does the 377 BAR come with the TV support to hook a tv on the outside. IF not, what works with the hardware that is attached to the outside over the passthrough storage area? Thanks, KF
Old 05-10-2015, 11:04 AM   #25
Rodney & Patty

Yes..both the TV brackets have the ears that will attach to the outside bracket.

2015 Salem Hemishere 337 BAR
2014 Ram 3500SRW Laramie 6.7 I6
rdenslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:59 PM   #26

Smoke Detector

Anyone have any problems with the smoke detector? Every time my wife cooks sausage even with the exhaust fan on, the smoke detector goes off. I took it down. I think I will replace it and maybe the new one will not be so sensitive. Any other suggestions??
Old 05-11-2015, 10:33 PM   #27
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

No, we haven't had a problem with ours.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:36 AM   #28

My lincpad worked a couple of times on all my sliders. Now it only works on the bedroom slider. I wonder if I am doing something incorrect. I know the linc is active per the wifi manager. ANy ideas??? It is handy when it works. Especially for dumping water off of the slide out covers. I am working on a solution to keep the water off all the time.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:34 PM   #29

Ekfinch
Did you get your lic pad to work again? My did the same thing you are talking about.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Fifth Wheel Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:23 PM   #30
Rodney & Patty

A few days into our maiden voyage with the new bar...no complaints. Trailered well, even through some God awful mountain pass that the GPS sent us across. No leaks, no failures, no faults..except the fact that the awning is about 12 ft off the ground. Does the job but being so high, even a light rain can wet more than half way under. Happy with our choice...

Old 06-11-2015, 08:45 PM   #31

Linc Pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Wheel Joy View Post
Ekfinch
Did you get your lic pad to work again? My did the same thing you are talking about.

Did I ever. I called and talked to a guy with forest river warr. They sent me a new upgraded unit with NO fuses and also sent me and a booster. I have not had time to install it, but the guy gave me very specific instructions and his cell phone if I have trouble. I will let you know when I get it put in. Lippert developed an upgraded system. Might have brought to the market a little early. KF
Old 06-12-2015, 08:05 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdenslow View Post
A few days into our maiden voyage with the new bar...no complaints. Trailered well, even through some God awful mountain pass that the GPS sent us across. No leaks, no failures, no faults..except the fact that the awning is about 12 ft off the ground. Does the job but being so high, even a light rain can wet more than half way under. Happy with our choice...

If you used your brakes a lot and did a lot of turning through those mountains, I would suggest that you jack up every tire up off the ground and check your brakes, bearings and the carter key. The brakes are self adjusting when applied when going in the forward direction. Going down the mountain most likely adjusted them up and they may be very tight at each hub.

Also, the axle manufacture seems to install their castle nut 'loose' and that allows the bearings to move back and forth on the spindle and hub and creates heat and wear. Grab the tire when off the ground and any in/out play.

Also, the carter key/pin that holds the castle nut on is under sized for the amount of stress applied to them. Making short turns with the unit puts a massive amount of stress on the outside bearings, pushes on the nut and key, which could distort and break the carter key (I broke each side of the back axle). I got a new ones at a auto store that are the same length and twice as thick to put in all of the spindles.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 01:46 PM   #33

Linc Pad Fix

It is the 30amp fuse that blows and will blow out again. YOu have to take the fake wall out in the pass through storage to access the router. I talked to a FR warr guy and he sent me a new updated unit with relays and a booster for the signal. I have not had time to install it, but he says it will work much better. THe relays will trip but then reset themselves. Wonder why the are tripping? I will get his name and put it out here if you want. I think I got it from a previous post on this site. KF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Wheel Joy View Post
Ekfinch

Old 11-28-2015, 08:17 PM   #34

We will begin shopping for a 337BAR Hemisphere or Heritage Glen next week. We went with a friend shopping last month and they just bought one last week. They are out on it maiden voyage this Thanksgiving weekend. He joined the forum last week. So maybe we will be getting a report from [BillScott] next week. I sent him a link to this thread.

(Looking at the Georgetown 329DS)
Nights camped in 2011/16; 2012/15; 2013/48;
2014/10; 2015/101 2016/55 yr to date
pkenley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:00 PM   #35
Rodney & Patty

Very nice. We are 40 nights strong in ours and have no complaints.

Old 11-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #36

We will begin shopping for a 337BAR Hemisphere or Heritage Glen next week. The only problem is that I will hate to give up our 2013 Ford 150 Platinum Crew Cab.

(Looking at the Georgetown 329DS)
Nights camped in 2011/16; 2012/15; 2013/48;
2014/10; 2015/101 2016/55 yr to date
pkenley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 03:55 PM   #37
Bill Scott

Thanks. Phil Kenley. Nope, our 337BAR still sits in the driveway, getting ready. Adka (wife) wants everything perfect before we take it out; probably around Christmas when we go visit friends near Galveston. The traffic between Hammond, LA and Houston was the worst I have seen since they built I-10. It took and hour and half just to get through Baton Rouge. If you weren't good at changing lanes it would have taken a lot longer.

I purchased a 'commercial' rear-view camera for the 337 and I am going to have it professionally installed. From the back of the RV to the front of the truck, I figure it's close to 60 feet, they have to run wires and install a disconnect near the hitch.
BillScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:30 AM   #38
CRS

My wife & I live in the Mid-Michigan area & while in the Houston area last January we took delivery of our 337 BAR & Traveled to Austin for a month then made a stop in Goshen on the way home for a few adjustments.. I must say wa ml e absolutely love the BAR and are now preparing for our return trip back to Texas...We are very impressed with Forest River's passion for the owners in making it right! We love this unit! We are towing it with a Chevy Silverado, Duramax w/ Allison Transmission... Toes better than our last 5th wheel that was 31 foot.... First thing that happened was the clothes rid fall off from Houston to Austin... Fixed as previously mentioned was with machines screws, washers & nuts....Suburban oven was replaced by the factory on our way home.... Here's a tip I found on you tube.....although we haven't tried this yet....we purchased 4 6x6 unglazed ceramic tiles to line the bottom of the suburban just above the flame...as we found out last winter, the bottom of anything we baked burned & the tiles are supposed to disbursed the heat better & stops the burning of the bottoms of whatever you are cooking... Several people on you tube rave about this resolving the burning issue.. We are looking forward to trying this during this years trip...we'll be gone 3 months starting 12-12-15..love this 5th wheel!
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:56 PM   #39
Andy & Ann

Good afternoon all. My wife and I will also start shopping for a new unit soon. We have looked at the 337BAR Hemisphere and fell in love with the floor plan. Does anyone have the residential Frig in their unit? If so, how about the battery usage/drain? We have no experience with this option. Does anyone have any other issues that might have occurred with this model that has not been addressed previously?
awhitlow2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:34 PM   #40
CRS

We live in Michigan & are currently in the Woodlands area with our bar 337. We love this MNM unit & we do have the Whirlpool fridge....our unit has the in verter to turn on as we travel. I don't know about the battery drain...never used it....as long as we are plugged into the truck - have inverter on or plugged into the site electricity, we are good to go....we have had this unit since February 2015....just love & impressed with the factories passion to please the owners....good luck!
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem