Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2018, 06:54 AM   #1

Salem Hemisphere 366BH slides

I wanted to post and see if other people are having he same issue. I’ve got a 2015 366BH 5th wheel and the slides for the dinette and the bunk house are crazy noisy to the point of embarrassment. Also the plastic covers that are located under the corners are broken off and looks like the slide is falling out of the bottom. Not sure what to do. Any help would be nice.
willsontg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:53 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. My first question is when did you last lube the slides? There is a ton of information on slides use the search function at the upper right of the page.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:00 AM   #3

I live them every time we go out which is around 2 times a month we don’t live in it but we do use it quite often
Old 03-30-2018, 09:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsontg View Post
I live them every time we go out which is around 2 times a month we don’t live in it but we do use it quite often
spell check is not always friendly. could the noise you are hearing be the clutch retching if so those can be adjusted.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:27 AM   #5

No don’t think that it is the biggest thing is it’s like the floor is dropping out of them also.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:56 PM   #6

on my 2013, main slide, the motors were too weak and had a lot of trouble bring main slide in and the bottom screws on the out side where the assembly attaches to the side wall worked their way out and kicked the whole slide out of alignment when bringing the slide in, tilting down to the floor and dragging on the floor. your slide(s) are being kicked out of alignment for some reason, (imo). The original motors were too weak for the size of the main slides. I have been told that the original motors are no longer available and must be ungraded to the higher torque motors. The 'noise' is (imo) the gears/cogs, being eaten up from being out of alignments.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem, slide