Old 04-20-2015, 08:49 PM   #1

Salem Hemisphere

We are just starting our search for an Rv.We intend to live in full time.How is the quality of the Hemisphere and any pointers on what to look for?We are looking at travel trailer and fifth wheel.
Thks!

Old 04-20-2015, 09:40 PM   #2

We just took possession of our Hemisphere travel trailer the first of April. So far so good. We like the quality of it and the finishes. The curved shower is roomy and we like the doors that slide open from the middle, rather than the neo angle showers we saw in other units. We have the 263RL, which gives us two recliners, a couch, and dining table and chairs. There is a laundry hatch in the bedroom and the storage seems pretty good. Of course, we are nowhere near full timers, so that is not a big issue at this time for us. Get out there and look at them to see what you think. The recliners are the same as those found in the Vibe and we had the factory rep order them for us. We also like the bathroom in between the living and bedroom areas because it provides more privacy when you get up and go to bed at different times. With both doors closed I cannot hear the TV. I would get a better mattress for full timing.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:11 AM   #3
Rodney & Patty

Lots of traveling and doing it full time, I can't think of a travel trailer large enough or with enough storage space to keep you comfortable long term. The 5er we have is plenty large and comfortable for full timing, that's what we are preparing for too. Underbelly storage space is still limited however. The huge pass through is great but requires forethought and organization to hold the road life necessities. The tow vehicle is as much a concern as the trailer . Personally I can't image not having a well equipped 1 ton diesel to tow my wares wherever I want to go. Make a list of must haves and don't comprise or you will want to change up too soon. Good luck.

2015 Salem Hemishere 337 BAR
2014 Ram 3500SRW Laramie 6.7 I6
rdenslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:29 AM   #4

Thanks for the info.I am leaning more to the 5er from what I'm reading about towing and control.What model do you have if you don't mind my asking?
Old 04-21-2015, 11:32 AM   #5
Rodney & Patty

Ours is a 15 salem hemisphere 337bar. We haven had it long but really like it already.

2015 Salem Hemishere 337 BAR
2014 Ram 3500SRW Laramie 6.7 I6
rdenslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:43 AM   #6
Tyler & Connie Foxx

We have the Salem Hemisphere light BH300, bunkhouse, 37 1/2 foot Travel Trailer. We love it! It's large, roomy, well appointed interior, makes it very comfortable to live in full time. The only problem we have had so far is that the furnace does a poor job of keeping the interior warm in weather as cool as 40 degrees, and we have an on demand hot water heater, and after many adjustments be the dealer, still only gets the water warm but never hot! Huge disappointment!!!
Old 04-26-2015, 01:46 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdenslow View Post
Ours is a 15 salem hemisphere 337bar. We haven had it long but really like it already.
Just purchased a 337 BAR this last Friday> We love it.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:03 PM   #8
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

We have the hemi 282RK and love it. The Hemi is the top of the salem line, but it doesn't compare, fit and finish wise, to say a Cedar Creek. The hardware is not residential cabinet quality, etc., but we are satisfied with ours. No real problems. I think it is good $$$ value and you won't be dissatisfied.

If you intend to full time it, know that the Hemi, or for that matter most all FR products are not 4 season units. They claim to have heated underbellies however that means the furnace duct runs through the same space as the water lines. The Hemispheres do not have heated tank pads, valves, or as good insulation as other units. They are very good 3 season units, but not 4.
If you're looking at 4 season units, I would suggest Redwoods, Cardinals, Rushmores, Alpine, or Grand Design to name a few which would be better 4 season units. However $$$ goes up exponentially.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:50 PM   #9

We love our Salem Hemisphere 337 BAR
rfranks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:30 PM   #10
Tyler & Connie Foxx

Follow up to our heat and hot water issues: the dealer fixed the heater and we resolved the hot water issue with a new shower head. Less restriction on water flow cleared up the hot water issue. Takes a few minutes to cycle from the tankless heater to the shower, but it works fine now. 🚿😄

Tags
salem