Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2018, 12:35 PM   #1

Salem Hemisphere Hyper Lyte 23RBHL

Anyone own one of these? We are thinking about buying one and would like to now your thoughts on it. Been searching forum and can not find anything on them. Don’t know if that is good or bad. Ant feedback would be appreciated.
jetmechoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:40 PM   #2

Our 26RLHL has been great. No real problems.
Purchased last August and put 5 short trips on it. We have really enjoyed our TT.
lonsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonsarah View Post
Our 26RLHL has been great. No real problems.
Purchased last August and put 5 short trips on it. We have really enjoyed our TT.

Where going on a tour of the factory this coming Monday. Hope to get a lot of questions answered while there. We have looked at a lot of campers but keep coming back to the 23 RBHL. Glad you are happy with your 26RLHL. We looked at that model and thought it was a little to long to fit in our drive.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:06 PM   #4

Good luck with ur final purchase.
The factory will be interesting!
Old 02-08-2018, 02:31 PM   #5

We purchase the very similar 2017 26RL 2 seasons ago and love it! Since then we have 66 nights camping and have logged 8000+ miles travelling from MN to the Colorado Rocky Mountains/Estes Park in 2016, and Glacier National Park and Banff Alberta CA in 2017.

I highly recommend springing for an Equal-i-zer weight-distribution hitch. Year one we had the dealer-installed Reese Pro-Series Round Bar WDH and I white-knuckled it on windy days. Dealer fairly took hitch back, refunded price towards new hitch, only charged 1 hour labor for new hitch install and it's been smooth sailing since.

The optional upgrade to the Whirlpool 10.7 cu. ft. Residential Refrigerator w/Inverter has been great, plenty of room for groceries and beverages means you aren't spending so much eating out all the time.

We have 2 corgis so the optional outdoor shower is nice for hosing off the dogs when they get muddy.

I wrote a fairly detailed post of our early experiences with the 26RL you may find useful:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ar-109182.html

Good luck, feel free to ask any questions!
Bill & Cheryl - Woodbury, MN USA. Pembroke Welsh Corgis Freyja & Loki. 2018: 14 nights reservations so far, 2017: 31 nights camping/2016: 35 nights. 2015 Ford F-150 4x4 SuperCrew, Equal-i-zer WDH, 2017 FR Salem Hemisphere 26RL
TooMuchDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchDew View Post
We purchase the very similar 2017 26RL 2 seasons ago and love it! Since then we have 66 nights camping and have logged 8000+ miles travelling from MN to the Colorado Rocky Mountains/Estes Park in 2016, and Glacier National Park and Banff Alberta CA in 2017.

I highly recommend springing for an Equal-i-zer weight-distribution hitch. Year one we had the dealer-installed Reese Pro-Series Round Bar WDH and I white-knuckled it on windy days. Dealer fairly took hitch back, refunded price towards new hitch, only charged 1 hour labor for new hitch install and it's been smooth sailing since.

The optional upgrade to the Whirlpool 10.7 cu. ft. Residential Refrigerator w/Inverter has been great, plenty of room for groceries and beverages means you aren't spending so much eating out all the time.

We have 2 corgis so the optional outdoor shower is nice for hosing off the dogs when they get muddy.

I wrote a fairly detailed post of our early experiences with the 26RL you may find useful:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ar-109182.html

Good luck, feel free to ask any questions!

What hitch to you change too?
Old 02-08-2018, 03:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmechoh View Post
What hitch to you change too?
Sorry, I had just changed hitch info in my forum signature just before posting and thought I also did in my post to you: Equal-i-zer Hitch I believe the 1,000/10,000 lb. model
Bill & Cheryl - Woodbury, MN USA. Pembroke Welsh Corgis Freyja & Loki. 2018: 14 nights reservations so far, 2017: 31 nights camping/2016: 35 nights. 2015 Ford F-150 4x4 SuperCrew, Equal-i-zer WDH, 2017 FR Salem Hemisphere 26RL
TooMuchDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Anyone own one of these? We are thinking about buying one and would like to now your thoughts on it. Been searching forum and can not find anything on them. Don’t know if that is good or bad. Ant feedback would be appreciated.
Yes i have one.....we love it...so far mo issiues.....only been out twice....short distance....
handymanj56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:34 PM   #9

Glad you like yours. Our dealer can't seem to keep the 23RBHL in stock. Most are sold before they hit the lot. You would think there are lots of owners out there but your the first I've come across. We are going up Monday to tour the factory and ask alot of questions. If all goes well we will order one when we get back. Looked at lots of trailers but kept coming back to this floor plan. Did you get the residential refrigerator?
Old 02-09-2018, 02:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Glad you like yours. Our dealer can't seem to keep the 23RBHL in stock. Most are sold before they hit the lot. You would think there are lots of owners out there but your the first I've come across. We are going up Monday to tour the factory and ask alot of questions. If all goes well we will order one when we get back. Looked at lots of trailers but kept coming back to this floor plan. Did you get the residential refrigerator?
Yes, we have the residential refridgerator with inverter for power.
We do not camp off grid so it made complete sense!
Old 02-09-2018, 04:53 PM   #11

No residential frige...just the two way...it is a perfect trailer for couples. The only issue..i feel a 3/4 truck will be more comfortable to tow ....
Old 02-09-2018, 08:14 PM   #12

We’re looking at a 3/4 ton Suburban to pull ours with. We have a boxer that will be going with us so I think a suburban would give her more room than a truck. Pretty sure we’re going to order with the residential fridge. The wife and I just retired so we are ready to do some traveling.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:23 PM   #13

Quote:
We’re looking at a 3/4 ton Suburban to pull ours with. We have a boxer that will be going with us so I think a suburban would give her more room than a truck. Pretty sure we’re going to order with the residential fridge. The wife and I just retired so we are ready to do some traveling.
Good for you on retiring...my day is june 27.....yeaaa 45 years...we should be able to get out more....good choise with surburban!!Click image for larger version

Name:	20171008_124030.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	162075
Old 02-10-2018, 02:11 AM   #14
Site Team

NICE trailer
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:27 PM   #15

Our 23rbhl is on order and should be at dealer mid April. We got our serial number so won’t be long now. Decided to keep our 2005 GMC 2500 HD for our tow vehicle. Getting excited and ready to do some camping.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:06 AM   #16

ahhhh very nice....you will like it alot.....let me know how you like it....
Old 04-20-2018, 09:24 AM   #17

how is the 23 RBHL?

jetmechoh did you end up getting the 23 RBHL and if so how has it been? thinking of getting this trailer.
4-our-boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:47 AM   #18

Yes we did buy the 23rbhl. We took delivery the first week of April. We ordered ours because we wanted the 15,000 btu A/C, the 3/4 fiberglass front cap and residential refrigerator. We have been looking at this model camper for over two years. We even went to the factory to see how they are made. Glad we waited as they made some great improvements on the 2018 model. Not much difference for our 2019 model. So far I am very satisfied with it. We have not gone camping in it yet as the weather here in Ohio has not been very cooperative. We have spent a good deal of time loading it and getting it ready. So far I have not found anything wrong with it. I have been on top, under it and all thru the inside looking for things to fix. Only thing I did was separate a few wire underneath so they were not rubbing together and put a little tape around some of the openings underneath to seal them off a little better than the factory did. Our first scheduled trip is the second weekend in May. There is just me and the wife and our dog Sadie and I think this will be perfect for our needs. I'll let you know more after we take it out.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:52 PM   #19

Happy with 23RBHL

We have made one trip with our new 2018 23RBHL. on inspection there were trim missing, a closet rod not fully installed, so it needs to go back to get those fixed (or just do it myself!!!) Frig was great, (We leave it plugged in at home as we have appropriate connections here).
Thought that the "upgraded " Mattress was going to be fine - not really the case, haven't decided on the fix for that yet. we did slide it out and had area filled with pillows to get better use of the short length of bed. We found that putting the bar stools under the foot of the bed worked great as a support, may change that in future.
Need to figure out under counter (open area under the bar) storage solution.
need to try to find a place to put a hand hold/grab bar around the shower area
wasn't happy with the holding tank sensors as they seemed to not read accurately in the black water tank (would be main reason for taking it back to dealer).
looking forward to more outings!
4-our-boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:18 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-our-boys View Post
We have made one trip with our new 2018 23RBHL. on inspection there were trim missing, a closet rod not fully installed, so it needs to go back to get those fixed (or just do it myself!!!) Frig was great, (We leave it plugged in at home as we have appropriate connections here).

Thought that the "upgraded " Mattress was going to be fine - not really the case, haven't decided on the fix for that yet. we did slide it out and had area filled with pillows to get better use of the short length of bed. We found that putting the bar stools under the foot of the bed worked great as a support, may change that in future.

Need to figure out under counter (open area under the bar) storage solution.

need to try to find a place to put a hand hold/grab bar around the shower area

wasn't happy with the holding tank sensors as they seemed to not read accurately in the black water tank (would be main reason for taking it back to dealer).

looking forward to more outings!

We went to Home Depot and found some shelving that fit in the storage area under the counter. Also bought some sliding shelves for the top area by the door.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0024.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	417.6 KB
ID:	173261Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0025.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	411.0 KB
ID:	173262Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0029.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	369.2 KB
ID:	173263Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0028.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	375.1 KB
ID:	173264. The shelves came open on us when the trailer was moved but we solved that by putting a box of aluminum foil in front on one and a box of wax paper in front of the other.

Tags
salem