Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2015, 01:34 AM   #1
Tyler & Connie Foxx

Salem Hemisphere lite 2014 bunkhouse

So we bought our unit used from General RV in IL, they claim to have done a full inspection on the trailer, plus a 100 point additional check that we paid $850.00 for, but we've returned it 3 times for them to fix things they claimed had been inspected, but had not. I will give them credit that they have fixed all the troubles without charging us, but it's still a pain to have to keep returning it to them.

So in two weeks we have a big summer long trip planned, tonight while working to get the trailer ready for the trip, we tried to open the kitchen slide out and NOTHING, the slide motor was working, we could hear it, but the slide never moved, I even tried to open it manually with the crank and NOTHING.

So I'm taking it back to the dealer tomorrow, yet again, but was wondering if anyone had any idea what has caused the latest failure? Feeling very depressed that this unit has gone from storage to the dealer and back so often without even being used. 😞

The Foxx Land Ark
FoxxLandArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:31 PM   #2

Sorry to hear all the issues. In all reality, these rv's are built cheap unless you spend $$$$$. Luckily I have not ran into anything that is a huge issue.

Best of luck to you and enjoy your trip!

-04' Ram 3500 DRW
-15' Hemisphere 368RLBH
Old 04-13-2015, 12:59 PM   #3
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Sorry to hear of your misfortunes. I haven't had your problem, but is sounds like some connector or joint has slipped off. If the motor is working and you can't manually open it, it's most likely in the mechanical connection of the slide screw.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:37 AM   #4
Tyler & Connie Foxx

They told us the the slide out works by way of a large screw, with the nut that's welded to the trailer's frame. They said that those nuts are just spot worked on and any little bit of pressure breaks the weld. They said they've had a lot of problems with this welds breaking in the past.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:58 PM   #5
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxLandArk View Post
They told us the the slide out works by way of a large screw, with the nut that's welded to the trailer's frame. They said that those nuts are just spot worked on and any little bit of pressure breaks the weld. They said they've had a lot of problems with this welds breaking in the past.
"They" meaning the dealer? I would expect it a warranty issue.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:08 PM   #6
Tyler & Connie Foxx

Yes, they, the dealer. It's covered.

Tags
2014, bunkhouse, salem