Old 10-10-2018, 08:39 PM   #1

shower squeals

we've had our salem hemisphere 337 bar for a couple of months now and when we switch from tub to shower it makes a horrendous squealing noise. it lasts the entire time your showering, until you switch it back or turn it off. does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it? i can fill the tub just fine and none of the other faucets do this.

thanks

graycat358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:27 AM   #2

My 21RR did the same thing. When it squeals, move the diverter knob and see if it stops.

2014 Grey Wolf 21RR
jd50i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:45 PM   #3

thank you....i'll try that.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:56 PM   #4

My 337 bar heritage glen did the same thing! I had the cheap water regulator for 40-45 psi that is given to you as a care package when you buy the fifth wheel and it always stayed on the fifth wheel side. Basically fifth wheel, regulator, hose then water spicket. Somehow the regulator was seized and only letting maybe 25 psi through! I ended up opening all the faucets and checking the screen filters to see if they were dirty. No luck! I ordered the adjustable water regulator with glass gauge and I set it to 48psi and that screeching or squealing sound went away! It basically puts the pressure to the diverter needed to keep it closed for the shower head. Now I also have less water loss out of the faucet to fill the tub when the plunger is pulled for the shower! Such a great fix and the toilet even works better along with the kitchen faucet! Anywhere from 42-48 is a good pressure to set them even helps the hot water heater.

I ordered it on eBay for 32 dollars.
Blender is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd50i View Post
My 21RR did the same thing. When it squeals, move the diverter knob and see if it stops.

thanks for the tip....it worked perfect!!!!!
Old 10-15-2018, 09:49 AM   #6

I've got the same noise and I'm not using ANY water pressure regulator. The noise only happens when we switch from bath to shower. Any OTHER suggestions?

-Rich
45RPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45RPM View Post
I've got the same noise and I'm not using ANY water pressure regulator. The noise only happens when we switch from bath to shower. Any OTHER suggestions?

-Rich
If it isn't the diverter, maybe try moving the shut off valve on the shower head or swapping out the shower head.

2014 Grey Wolf 21RR
jd50i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45RPM View Post

-Rich

Oh yea I forgot I also removed my old shower head and bought a waterpick from Home Depot. Plus I removed the little regulator in the shower head to see if it was better or worse.

I do know I get that noise if my pressure is lower than 35psi coming into the fiver. Hence why I have it at 45-48 based on the campground or at the house. The glass gauge definitely helps to see what happens when a campground has a lot of Rigs verses only a few.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:28 PM   #9

I wish we could post videos from our phones because I know this is one I could demonstrate. I hated that noise because If i went to sleep early and my wife showered it would definitely wake me!
Old 10-15-2018, 06:23 PM   #10

Thanks, Blender. Try downloading the video from your phone to your computer, then upload here.

-Rich

45RPM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show, shower