Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2019, 11:44 AM   #1

Slide/stabilizers don’t work

I have a 2018 27DBK with electric stabilizers on it. The front and the back stabilizers both have their own switches on the outside, and the slide has a switch on the inside panel, next to the awning switch. My slide and stabilizers do not work with their switches, but the awning does. Everything works when I use the wireless remote for the unit. I’ve went through fuses and didn’t see any blown. I’m wondering if anyone has any suggestions or has seen this before and could point me in the right direction.
HappilyLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:08 PM   #2
Site Team

Do you know where the remote receiver is located? Check all the fuses on it.

Do you know where the resettable breakers (fuses) are located near the front of the RV?
It could be one of those tripped and needs resetting.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Do you know where the remote receiver is located? Check all the fuses on it.

Do you know where the resettable breakers (fuses) are located near the front of the RV?
It could be one of those tripped and needs resetting.

I have a main breaker box with fuses, I checked all of those. I have another set of fuses under fridge I’ve checked, all good. I’ve found two inline fuses both good. And the resettable breakers seemed good up front and I actually replaced one of them. I have one more removable panel on my bathtub I was considering taking off to check for fuses under there but it seems like a weird spot for there to be fuses.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:10 PM   #4

Guessing you lost a power leg that feeds those switches.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 03:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Guessing you lost a power leg that feeds those switches.

What exactly is that
Old 12-05-2019, 03:36 PM   #6
Site Team

They put the remote receivers in some odd places.

I don't have a Sabre listed in my spreadsheet, but there several units with the receiver under the bath vanity.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:43 PM   #7

Quote:
They put the remote receivers in some odd places.

I don't have a Sabre listed in my spreadsheet, but there several units with the receiver under the bath vanity.

It’s a Salem
Old 12-05-2019, 03:54 PM   #8
Pickin', Campin', Mason

It sure sounds as if the feed circuit for the items you mentioned doesn't have power.

On units with remote pendants for those items, the feed to the switches typically comes from the remote receiver/relay assembly.

I wish I could tell you where it is on your particular model but I can't... but you are going to have to locate it.

Have you contacted Salem?

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
It sure sounds as if the feed circuit for the items you mentioned doesn't have power.

On units with remote pendants for those items, the feed to the switches typically comes from the remote receiver/relay assembly.

I wish I could tell you where it is on your particular model but I can't... but you are going to have to locate it.

Have you contacted Salem?

I haven’t contacted Salem, I contacted the dealer and of course they just want me to bring it in. I believe the assembly is the one under my fridge because it clicks when I use the remote.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:09 PM   #10
Site Team

I don't have a 27DBK listed, but the 27RKSS 2018 models have the remote receiver located Under the "Bathroom Sink Behind Access Panel". In fact several Salem models have it listed as being there.

I have a 2018 33BHOK as being under the fridge.

When you do find it please let us know and I'll add it to the spreadsheet.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:36 PM   #11

Quote:
I don't have a 27DBK listed, but the 27RKSS 2018 models have the remote receiver located Under the "Bathroom Sink Behind Access Panel". In fact several Salem models have it listed as being there.

I have a 2018 33BHOK as being under the fridge.

When you do find it please let us know and I'll add it to the spreadsheet.
I plan to work on it Saturday. I will get back to you with pictures and if I find anything. Thanks for the continued help.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:48 PM   #12

Alright so I got back to the camper later than anticipated but essentially here’s where I am. I took out all my fuses, had a resistance of 0.00 on all of them. I’m not very good with a multimeter as I haven’t had to use one much, but I took a shot at testing switches so I tested the slide switch and I get feedback when I release the switch of about .6 and When I test the awning (button next to slide, has always worked) I get immediate feedback of around 13. So am I not getting power to the slide switch essentially? And have to continue my fuse search? I can’t imagine there’s another fuse box in my camper. I’ve done quite a bit of searching

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1963.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	404.7 KB
ID:	221195Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1964.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	284.2 KB
ID:	221196Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1962.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	287.5 KB
ID:	221197
Old 12-31-2019, 05:17 PM   #13

Did you ever find the problem?
handymanj56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 06:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by handymanj56 View Post
Did you ever find the problem?

I have not. Scratching my head as to where anymore fuse locations would be. No replies from forest river, which is incredibly disappointing considering I just bought a cedar creek and just want to get this one fixed and sold.
Old 12-31-2019, 06:24 PM   #15

I have the same system, the way they installed.... Things I can see having hard to find problem s
Old 12-31-2019, 06:27 PM   #16

Here is my locationClick image for larger version

Name:	20190926_183137.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	221225
Old 12-31-2019, 06:30 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by handymanj56 View Post
Here is my locationAttachment 221225

Thats a different fuse panel than the ones I posted? So there’s really 3 fuse locations then? I don’t think I can get to the right side of my water heater like that.
Old 01-04-2020, 08:26 AM   #18

Quote:
Do you know where the resettable breakers (fuses) are located near the front of the RV? It could be one of those tripped and needs resetting.
I did not see a response to this question? This is what they look like. There are usually 2 or more and are usually located near the battery. If they are exposed to the weather, they are subject to corrosion. Some are automatic and some are manual reset.

I would also check all the connections to the ground bar(s). There may be more than one.
Trailer traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:53 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer traveler View Post
I did not see a response to this question? This is what they look like. There are usually 2 or more and are usually located near the battery. If they are exposed to the weather, they are subject to corrosion. Some are automatic and some are manual reset.

I would also check all the connections to the ground bar(s). There may be more than one.

There are 2 of them near the front of the unit by the battery. One had looked like it was tripped, and I replaced it with an auto resettable one and it didn’t solve the problem. The other had a ton of wiring coming to it and looked like it wasn’t tripped. My question is why would these be an issue if I’m connected to shore power. Excuse my lack of knowledge here as the answer is probably obvious. And would a ground connection loose somewhere cause two things to stop working with buttons but not remotes?
Old 01-04-2020, 12:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappilyLost View Post
My question is why would these be an issue if I’m connected to shore power. Excuse my lack of knowledge here as the answer is probably obvious. And would a ground connection loose somewhere cause two things to stop working with buttons but not remotes?
I don't have a definitive answer for you. My guess is it would depend on how the feed from the converter is wired into the 12 volt system. I am not an electrician, but over the years I have experienced some strange issues with 12V RV systems. Most of them that involved only some appliances/powered devices have been related to the circuit breakers and grounding. I have never had an RV with remote control so no experience there.
Trailer traveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, stabilizer, stabilizers