Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2016, 08:24 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14
Stabilizing Jacks

Have a 22' Salem TT. My stabilizing jacks are in the four corners. Still some rocking, so says DW. I have read that many people put the rear jacks just to the rear of the axel. Is there optimum placement of the jacks for stabilization?
__________________

__________________
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:03 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33
I added two more jacks in the middle of my camper

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
2008 v-lite 30 wrls
gsbuick65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:09 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14
What I really wanted to know, "do people feel they get better stabilization by putting the rear stabilizing jacks closer to the rearmost axle as opposed to putting them close to the rear frame corners"?
__________________
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:37 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Golfnbike13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 345
What are you people doing, having dance parties inside your trailer?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Golfnbike13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 04:52 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnbike13 View Post
What are you people doing, having dance parties inside your trailer?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X2
__________________
Trevor43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:03 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Wobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 1,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
What I really wanted to know, "do people feel they get better stabilization by putting the rear stabilizing jacks closer to the rearmost axle as opposed to putting them close to the rear frame corners"?
I wonder if what you are describing is the motion when the unit goes forward or backward. The jacks prevent the unit from going down on the front or rear, depending which end you walk towards.

The tires are resting but with a person walking to the other end you can get some movement.

I have a double axle TT so my solution was to buy a set of x-chocks to put between the tires. The wheels cannot roll, so no more front to back movement.

https://www.amazon.com/X-Chock-Wheel.../dp/B002XLHUQG
__________________
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2015 Grey Wolf 26BH
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:14 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
You have to remember these trailers are mounted on leaf springs and tires which are made to help cushion the ride while in transit. So naturally you are going to feel that motion when walking around inside while set up for camping, even when using stabilizer jacks.. That's why some people add (not move the rear stabilizers) jacks near the axle(s).
You can also try a number of products, X-Chocks, etc... to try and help reduce the movement, but you will probably never get rid of it entirely.
&
__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:19 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Wobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 1,868
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
You have to remember these trailers are mounted on leaf springs and tires which are made to help cushion the ride while in transit. So naturally you are going to feel that motion when walking around inside while set up for camping, even when using stabilizer jacks.. That's why some people add (not move the rear stabilizers) jacks near the axle(s).
You can also try a number of products, X-Chocks, etc... to try and help reduce the movement, but you will probably never get rid of it entirely.
&
X2

Suspension is a contributor. Having said that, If you are getting movement out of the leaf springs, It is a dance party.
__________________
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2015 Grey Wolf 26BH
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:24 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
TsnTexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Outskirts of Austin
Posts: 104
X2 on the X Chocks
__________________
2016 Rockwood 2504s
2016 Chevy 2500HD
TsnTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:26 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
X2

Suspension is a contributor. Having said that, If you are getting movement out of the leaf springs, It is a dance party.
__________________

__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jacks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.