Old 10-07-2014, 10:23 PM   #1

Strange tire wear on 281qbxl

We bought a slightly used 2013 tt 281qbxl and since we drove 1600 miles from N.D. to OH the left 2 tires are completely bald on the inside of tire only and 1 tire on the right is bald on the inside and 1 on the outside tread. Not sure which tires these are but will check tomorrow. Will also take axle measurements to see if there not aligned well. Any input???

Old 10-08-2014, 09:17 PM   #2

Is there were an the tow vehicles tires dont forget to check that also if the tv is wearing tires the trailer will do the same

Old 10-08-2014, 09:58 PM   #3

No its not. Camper world told me it was overloaded. Sound right?
Old 10-08-2014, 10:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateboothman View Post
No its not. Camper world told me it was overloaded. Sound right?
Perhaps, but it would have to be grossly over.

It is possible the prior owner bent the axles or were installed wrong.

I would be inclined to check the bearings for wear and wheels not seated on the hub true.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:52 AM   #5

Ive come to realize that I dont trust camping world on very much I am from ohio also and my local camping word I dont find to be to trustworthy with that being said you would have to been grossly overweight and even then the wear pattern your describing dosent match up when your overloaded your axles and tires would track on the inside edges but there would have to be a major overload I agree with ford Idaho pull the tires and check your bearings it does sound like what he has mentioned it could also be that the previous owner has the wrong size rim and tire on witch would cause the wheels. To not seat on the hubs correctly my advice is to put wheels back on and jac Mac it up and check to see if you have any slop (wiggle ) that is noticeable when pushing or pulling the tire although I could possibly be a bent axle I own a salem 26t bud 2012 that I bought in july this year and within 200 yards from pulling out of camping worlds lot in akron I knew I had a bent axle took it straight back and demanded new axles how this was missed in a saftey check beyond me
Old 10-09-2014, 07:54 AM   #6

Sorry auto spell jack it up
Old 12-11-2014, 07:40 PM   #7
Gbranum

New to camping and this forum. Just wanted to say I have a 2012 Salem 26tbud and the tires done the same thing! Got home and noticed that both tires on left side were showing metal. I seen one on right side and made them change before I took possession, guess they missed the ones on the left! They did agree to replace both tires. I just think it's strange that so many are having problems with tires on the same model.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:13 PM   #8

I have not had any issue with my 26TBUD. Went VA to ME and back plus 2x to NC from N VA.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:27 PM   #9

Strange tire wear on 281qbxl

I had a 2011 26tbss that had this issue. I noticed after less than a year the tires were shot. The trailer had the wrong axles on it. They were way over loaded the dealer replaced them all under warranty. Might crawl under it and look up the axle model numbers and check to see what they carrying capacity is. Also look at it from the back and the axle should be bowed up slightly in the middle. If it's straight the axles have lost their camber.

26tbss Tires shot after 1500 miles??
Old 02-18-2015, 04:25 PM   #10
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Not on our TT but on our stock trailer; we had the same type of wear you are describing. Turned out the axles were bent ever so slightly from running over curbs, etc. Had to get them replaced at about $200 per. Hope that's not the case.

1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire