Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2015, 12:16 AM   #1
Tyler & Connie Foxx

Tankless hot water heater troubles

Ok, so we have a 2014 Salem Hemisphere lite BH300, we bought it used, the previous owner's installed a Atwood tankless hot water heater, even after the having it at the dealer twice and being told that the heater is functioning fine, we still get little to no hot water from the darn thing! I'm at a total lose as to what to do, it's turned up as high as it will go, the water gets warm, but never hot, and then will go ice cold and back to warm. I understand the temp of the water going in, and the rise in temp of water coming out. But there has got be be a way to get dependable hot water when we need it!!!

Somebody please help! We are tired of cold showers! We are Newbies, and looking for seasoned campers to help us solve this dilemma.
FoxxLandArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:35 AM   #2

With the Girard tankless system too high or too low water pressure can be an issue. It also produces more hot water at lower flows, i.e., not opening the faucet all the way. Try opening the faucet about half way and see if the situation improves. Also air in the lines can keep the tankless systems from producing a consistent temperature. Make sure you have purged the lines by opening all faucets one at a time and flushing toilets.

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
toad - 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
edgewant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:27 AM   #3

It should have its own regulator that slows down the flow to heat the water as needed.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Cajun Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:55 PM   #4
Tyler & Connie Foxx

Thanks for the info, the problem was solved when we docked at an RV park for the summer, The local gas company came out to install a larger gas tank for the summer, that's when the hot water heater started to work full tilt! More hot water than we could ever use, and scolding hot too! Turns out it was a bad gas regulator. So much for the RV dealer testing the system, I don't think I'll return there again, I hate being lied to.
FoxxLandArk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, hot water, tank, tankless, water, water heater