Old 03-26-2011, 11:09 AM   #11

how difficult would it be to mount another box next to the amplifier (tv out box) inside the trailer? i'm thinking a two outlet coax face plate.

if this is doable, u could locate the cable coming from the outside wall (to hook tv to park catv). disconnect this cable (from the catv input at the amp... the one u switch on to amplify the tv signal from ant...there will be three coax wires connected to this: one is the catv input; one is the ant input; and one is the output to the 2nd tv) and connect it to one of the coax outlets on the face plate. connect a short coax between the other face plate outlet and run it to the amp where u disconnected the catv cable. both of these connections will be on the wall side of the plate. mount the plate.
on the two coax outlets, u have several options: you can simply jump between the two to return to original; run a wire from the amp tv jack to the the connector leading to outside; hook anything else to the one leading out. hook a cable from the one on the outside of the camper to ur outdoor tv.

may be a good idea to label the two new coax connections so that u will know which u wired to the outside and which u wired back to the catv input of ur amp.

with this setup, u could could hook an ab switch and simply select what u wanted to go to the outside or if u wanted the outside connection to go back to the amp (origional location).

if you are watching a sat, dish network has a two receiver setups that will transmit the 2nd output over the air. you can take the remote to where u are watching tv and do the channel selection also. makes for a good opportunity to leave ur remote on the picnic table when u drive off. (replacement remotes can be purchaced on ebay...)

Old 03-28-2011, 05:21 AM   #12

I had to do the same thing on my Starcraft because the factory cable didn't work anymore. The major difference is we didn't care about what got hacked up, so we took the easy route; beside the front door is a tv stand with storage underneath. I drilled into the side of the trailer, near the underside of the cabinet top and drilled a hole in the top to route the cable through for the tv. A cheap coax cable mounting plate was attached over the hole and sealed. It may not be the prettiest but it cost less than $2 for materials (had nearly all of it laying around) and about an hours work. So far works great and no leaks.
If I had a $50,000 trailer I may have done it differently, but for a POS like mine this works great.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to Ehlendt
Quote:
Originally Posted by norfl1971 View Post
I had to do the same thing on my Starcraft because the factory cable didn't work anymore. The major difference is we didn't care about what got hacked up, so we took the easy route; beside the front door is a tv stand with storage underneath. I drilled into the side of the trailer, near the underside of the cabinet top and drilled a hole in the top to route the cable through for the tv. A cheap coax cable mounting plate was attached over the hole and sealed. It may not be the prettiest but it cost less than $2 for materials (had nearly all of it laying around) and about an hours work. So far works great and no leaks.
If I had a $50,000 trailer I may have done it differently, but for a POS like mine this works great.
Reese WD Hitch
"Get busy living.....or get busy dying."
Ehlendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dap View Post
The wineguard plate should have a connector for a second tv.By taking the cable from the outside and switching it to the second tv connector,it should work.
Thanks for the info, dap!
Reese WD Hitch
Old 03-28-2011, 10:50 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimh View Post
how difficult would it be to mount another box next to the amplifier (tv out box) inside the trailer? i'm thinking a two outlet coax face plate.

if this is doable, u could locate the cable coming from the outside wall (to hook tv to park catv). disconnect this cable (from the catv input at the amp... the one u switch on to amplify the tv signal from ant...there will be three coax wires connected to this: one is the catv input; one is the ant input; and one is the output to the 2nd tv) and connect it to one of the coax outlets on the face plate. connect a short coax between the other face plate outlet and run it to the amp where u disconnected the catv cable. both of these connections will be on the wall side of the plate. mount the plate.
on the two coax outlets, u have several options: you can simply jump between the two to return to original; run a wire from the amp tv jack to the the connector leading to outside; hook anything else to the one leading out. hook a cable from the one on the outside of the camper to ur outdoor tv.

may be a good idea to label the two new coax connections so that u will know which u wired to the outside and which u wired back to the catv input of ur amp.

with this setup, u could could hook an ab switch and simply select what u wanted to go to the outside or if u wanted the outside connection to go back to the amp (origional location).

if you are watching a sat, dish network has a two receiver setups that will transmit the 2nd output over the air. you can take the remote to where u are watching tv and do the channel selection also. makes for a good opportunity to leave ur remote on the picnic table when u drive off. (replacement remotes can be purchaced on ebay...)
Sorry, Jimh.....I think you lost me.
Reese WD Hitch
Old 04-17-2011, 06:02 PM   #16

I'm happy to inform all that dap had it spot on! Behind the wineguard plate was another/unused hook-up for a 2nd tv. I switched the line that was running from the exterior of the TT to the "cable" connection on the plate over to the "second" connection and now have an antenna signal running to the outside of the camper without having to drill!!!!

It's the little things in life that make me happy.......

Thanks all for your suggestions and I owe you a beer, dap!

Ehlendt
Reese WD Hitch
Old 05-22-2011, 10:35 PM   #17

I just purchased a 2012 26tbud, where is the exterior cable connection hookup? I have looked for it and do not find it anywhere.
Thanks for the help.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:41 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehlendt View Post
Sorry, Jimh.....I think you lost me.
i can see how that would happen. after it got cold, i had problems with it also. what i was doing was splicing into the exterior connection between the outside of the trailer and the splitter (inside that u turn on to select ant) and feeding the ant back to the outside connection.

this would give u an outside outlet without drilling any holes.

their are wireless solutions to this as well. i have not used this one but this in one of them out there. X10 VK82a Wireless Video and IR Receiver/Sender
Old 05-23-2011, 10:50 PM   #19

Similiar Question How I solved it..

I had the same question when outfitting my Wildwood.. But I also wanted to have any one of three outputs (Satellite, Cable or Antenna) available under the patio awning depending on our location. The first thing I did was install a dual coax Box on the outside of the trailer just opposite the dinette bench.. I carefully drilled 2 holes for the coax and then sealed and mounted the box. Now I had both an external connection for the portable satellite dish to connect to the DTV SD receiver and a connection point for the outside TV. all wiring is hidden under the bench seat. When the Sat box is not being used, it passes wither the antenna signal or cable signal (depending on external wall mounted amplifier on/off switch position) back outside to patio TV, and when the sat box ix on.. same thing. I hope this makes sense.. I have included pictures of the outside box and wiring diagram I made...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P7160157.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	5953   Click image for larger version

Name:	SATTV.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	5954  
Old 05-25-2011, 02:05 PM   #20