Old 06-26-2016, 02:36 AM   #1

Tire change suggestions

2016 27BHS
First time owner of a trailer and I'm wondering how to change a tire should I need to. It's a dual axel trailer. I didn't see a jack kit and the crappy batch of manuals only has one (lippert systems) suggesting an 8-ton jack is needed and should be used to lift at the chassis frame.

This new trailer seems woefully under resources for this routine roadside experience. Any nest practices or packing lists from you travel vets out there?
Thanks!!

Old 06-26-2016, 05:38 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk-AK View Post
2016 27BHS
First time owner of a trailer and I'm wondering how to change a tire should I need to. It's a dual axel trailer. I didn't see a jack kit and the crappy batch of manuals only has one (lippert systems) suggesting an 8-ton jack is needed and should be used to lift at the chassis frame.

This new trailer seems woefully under resources for this routine roadside experience. Any nest practices or packing lists from you travel vets out there?
Thanks!!
Regardless who changes the Tire "You or Roadside Help" the Frame area is the "Jack Point"! A flat tire will normally happen in the Worst location possible! To be safe you will need,hyd.jack,boards for the surface stablization of jack and jack stands,breaker bar and socket,torque wrench,and spare tire! Do a "Dry Run" before leaving Home! Youroo!!

Old 06-26-2016, 05:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk-AK View Post
2016 27BHS

Thanks!!
You are correct, first I would make sure your lug wrench fits some like mine I had to buy a thin wall socket. Second I think the easiest way to change a tire is with a trailer aid that you drive the good tire up on, it is really the fastest and safer then using a jack on a freeway. Camco and Anderson makes them. Just make sure it will be high enough to lift the bad tire when you drive up on it. I was lucky OC had one made out of 2x6 and 1x6" wood and I made a pattern. much stronger then the plastic ones. IMPORTANT most units lug wrenches will not fit depending on the rim...Hope that helps, Remember with a new trailer you get 1 year free from coach net, if you run into a problem.... PS: also the crappy manuals, I down loaded off the internet the manufacturers manuals and made a binder with them in it.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 12:44 PM   #4

Jack Point 2016 Rockwood A122BH

First timer in the RV world. Haven't even taken it on the road yet and found one tire flat at my storage facility. Not sure where the jack point is on this camper. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated to get this newbie comfortable with his new adventure toy.

Tags
tire