Old 12-21-2013, 04:29 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x View Post
How do I know if my 2014 xlr27hfs has one too? Does FR use this on all of their trailers?
No they use 2 different toilets a Thetford which is procerlan, which I have in my unit......No problems yet..

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:34 AM   #12

Same thing happened to us on our brand new Class A - turned out to be a pvc check valve under the bathroom sink. Its like a $5.00 part. Ours had factory cement that prevented normal closure of this valve. Wish I remembered the name of the valve. There is also a valve under the kitchen sink. We now dump a capful of toilet chemical in the gray tank also.

2015 Keystone Bullet Travel Trailer
2016 F-150 Lariat with Auto Trailer Backup
Dog = Morki (Yorkie-Maltese) - Zoe
Malabarbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #13

Reminds me of the old joke about the widow who purchased a new fangled outhouse from Sears & Roebuck (as it was once known!). It was manufactured with new technology that guaranteed no odor. Soon after installation, she called Sears complaining of a bad odor. They sent a technician out, who examined the unit closely, with her standing back watching everything he did. Finally, after close examination, he turned to her and stated "Well, no wonder there's an odor... somebody pooped in it!
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malabarbob View Post
Same thing happened to us on our brand new Class A - turned out to be a pvc check valve under the bathroom sink. Its like a $5.00 part. Ours had factory cement that prevented normal closure of this valve. Wish I remembered the name of the valve. There is also a valve under the kitchen sink. We now dump a capful of toilet chemical in the gray tank also.
The Dometic Toilet Model 300 has a secret compartment that holds the waste. A bad defect. Stinky results.

We also put a little toilet chemical in the grey water tank.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:22 PM   #15

I called them on ours as I could not find where the smell we had been battling since we bought it I'm July was coming from... Awesome customer service. New toilet arrived on my door step in a few days.... I used the cell phone camera to avoid the head down by the toilet to read the plate. :-)
Old 01-14-2014, 05:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdz300 View Post
I called them on ours as I could not find where the smell we had been battling since we bought it I'm July was coming from... Awesome customer service. New toilet arrived on my door step in a few days.... I used the cell phone camera to avoid the head down by the toilet to read the plate. :-)
You were way smarter then me..........LOL
Old 01-14-2014, 05:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
No they use 2 different toilets a Thetford which is procerlan, which I have in my unit......No problems yet..
Out TT had a Thetford (which we liked so much better) so needless to say we switched and put it in the 5er and the NEW Dometic in the TT.

Win Win situation for us.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:09 AM   #18

Toilet Odor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdz300 View Post

Glad you mentioned using your cell phone to read the plate. Tomorrow I'm checking out both commodes in the trailer. This short dumpy old
woman won't be getting on her knees! Thanks you very much!!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:15 PM   #19

Since the new toilet install, we took the camper out once and the smell is now gone. I think that was the problem.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #20

This is the second trip out with our unit. Bought it in Dec 2013. Toilet started to stink. Thanks to this great forum, I knew what to do. I called Dometic on Wed from the road and received it today at the campground in Colorado. Heidi said they were sending out redesigned Model 300's now. In about 15-20 minutes time, I had the old one out and the new one in. Now mama is a happy camper.

Bob

retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote