Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2015, 09:39 AM   #1

TV antennae crank?

Hello! I have a 2015 Salem Hemisphere 356qbq. I have always used park cable but am camping somewhere without cable now. Need to entertain kids while it's raining. I have an antennae on the roof, but there isn't a crank anywhere inside the camper that I can see. Am I missing something? Surely you don't have to climb on top of camper to put the antennae up? Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Brad
bhersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:49 AM   #2

Well, there's only one place to look for the crank. Directly under the antenna on the ceiling of whatever room is there. If there isn't any crank there, I would be surprised. If there isn't any crank, I can't help you any further ---------
bruceatlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhersh View Post
Hello! I have a 2015 Salem Hemisphere 356qbq. I have always used park cable but am camping somewhere without cable now. Need to entertain kids while it's raining. I have an antennae on the roof, but there isn't a crank anywhere inside the camper that I can see. Am I missing something? Surely you don't have to climb on top of camper to put the antennae up? Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Brad
If you have the batwing then you have to raise it, you might just have the omni all direction one and you just turn it on. make sure you put your amp on for it and enjoy it with your grand kids...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
If you have the batwing then you have to raise it, you might just have the omni all direction one and you just turn it on. make sure you put your amp on for it and enjoy it with your grand kids...
That must be what we have. Thank you.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:23 PM   #5

It's a stationary antenna. Just turn on the amp behind the tv and it should work.

2000 F250 CC 4x4 7.3L diesel

15 Salem Hemisphere Lite356QB
Tfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:11 AM   #6

Yep. It's stationary. I didn't know they made them that way. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:03 AM   #7

I have a hemisphere 272rlis and there is no crank. It's an omni directional. There is a push button for signal booster in the bedroom on the cable jack plate. When pushed in, a red light comes on. Some camp sites had very little signal but usually I can get at least 3 to 5 channels. Closer to cities we get a lot more.
palidin40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:36 PM   #8
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Our Hemi is the same. permanant mount, no rotation, no raising. There's a booster button on the panel where the TV connects to the antenna jack, make sure that's pushed in.
The rigid mounts don't always work the greatest and are somewhat dependant on the direction your TT is parked.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:15 AM   #9
CRS

We have a 2015 337 Bar ...the stationary omni direction antenna's are far superior than the bat wing type we had on our old 5th wheel....actually our experience is....the antenna has a far better picture than any park cable
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:21 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
We have a 2015 337 Bar ...the stationary omni direction antenna's are far superior than the bat wing type we had on our old 5th wheel....actually our experience is....the antenna has a far better picture than any park cable
Boy that is a Powerful statement! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:21 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Boy that is a Powerful statement! Youroo!!
X2 Youroo
Our experience has been that most park cable that we plug into generally suck for reception and don't pull in 1/2 the channels they claim. We have the batwing with the wingman installed. Point the antenna in the direction of the transmitters as per antennapoint.com and bingo HD tv and generally plenty of stations. It's rare any more if we plug into park cable, not worth the effort.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:48 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
I can't agree with you as I've had both types of antenna. I can say, however, the omni antenna works well if your in a area with "close" tv stations. IMHO the "batwing" works better if you are in a rural area and need to pull in stations from a greater distance.
And YES, the Over The Air (OTA) antenna on top of your unit WILL give you a much better picture than campground cable. The OTA antenna gives you HD tv while most campground cable systems do not provide a HD picture.
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:52 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
I can't agree with you as I've had both types of antenna. I can say, however, the omni antenna works well if your in a area with "close" tv stations. IMHO the "batwing" works better if you are in a rural area and need to pull in stations from a greater distance.
And YES, the Over The Air (OTA) antenna on top of your unit WILL give you a much better picture than campground cable. The OTA antenna gives you HD tv while most campground cable systems do not provide a HD picture.
I agree with this entire statement.

Bruce

Tags
antenna, antennae