Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2015, 10:39 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
bhersh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 29
TV antennae crank?

Hello! I have a 2015 Salem Hemisphere 356qbq. I have always used park cable but am camping somewhere without cable now. Need to entertain kids while it's raining. I have an antennae on the roof, but there isn't a crank anywhere inside the camper that I can see. Am I missing something? Surely you don't have to climb on top of camper to put the antennae up? Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Brad
__________________

__________________
bhersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:49 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 138
Well, there's only one place to look for the crank. Directly under the antenna on the ceiling of whatever room is there. If there isn't any crank there, I would be surprised. If there isn't any crank, I can't help you any further ---------
__________________

__________________
bruceatlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:52 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhersh View Post
Hello! I have a 2015 Salem Hemisphere 356qbq. I have always used park cable but am camping somewhere without cable now. Need to entertain kids while it's raining. I have an antennae on the roof, but there isn't a crank anywhere inside the camper that I can see. Am I missing something? Surely you don't have to climb on top of camper to put the antennae up? Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Brad
If you have the batwing then you have to raise it, you might just have the omni all direction one and you just turn it on. make sure you put your amp on for it and enjoy it with your grand kids...
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:08 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
bhersh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
If you have the batwing then you have to raise it, you might just have the omni all direction one and you just turn it on. make sure you put your amp on for it and enjoy it with your grand kids...
That must be what we have. Thank you.
__________________
bhersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:23 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Tfort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 264
It's a stationary antenna. Just turn on the amp behind the tv and it should work.


2000 F250 CC 4x4 7.3L diesel

15 Salem Hemisphere Lite356QB
__________________
Tfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:11 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
bhersh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 29
Yep. It's stationary. I didn't know they made them that way. Thanks.
__________________
bhersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:03 AM   #7
Member
 
palidin40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 38
I have a hemisphere 272rlis and there is no crank. It's an omni directional. There is a push button for signal booster in the bedroom on the cable jack plate. When pushed in, a red light comes on. Some camp sites had very little signal but usually I can get at least 3 to 5 channels. Closer to cities we get a lot more.
__________________
Charlie & Anita Pepin
Bruiser and Baxter fury kids
2014 Dodge Ram 2500HD with 2016 Salem Hemisphere 272RLIS
palidin40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:36 PM   #8
Boss Ox & Drovergirl
 
oxcamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: N.E. Ohio Snow Belt
Posts: 671
Our Hemi is the same. permanant mount, no rotation, no raising. There's a booster button on the panel where the TV connects to the antenna jack, make sure that's pushed in.
The rigid mounts don't always work the greatest and are somewhat dependant on the direction your TT is parked.
__________________
Mark, Vicki, & Scout THE dog
2015 Hemisphere 282RK
2010 F250 Super Duty
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:15 AM   #9
CRS
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Midland, Mi
Posts: 56
We have a 2015 337 Bar ...the stationary omni direction antenna's are far superior than the bat wing type we had on our old 5th wheel....actually our experience is....the antenna has a far better picture than any park cable
__________________
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:21 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
We have a 2015 337 Bar ...the stationary omni direction antenna's are far superior than the bat wing type we had on our old 5th wheel....actually our experience is....the antenna has a far better picture than any park cable
Boy that is a Powerful statement! Youroo!!
__________________

__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
antenna, antennae

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 AM.