Old 07-28-2016, 09:18 AM   #1

TV connections?

Howdy, I have a 24QBXL and was wondering about the tv connections that are on the trailer. There are 2 connectors on the outside (cable/satellite).
There are 2 connectors on the inside (1 that has Cable/ANT with the power booster) and also 1 in the bedroom.

Seems like only the connector in the living room that has Cable/ANT seems to work and the one in the bedroom one may not be working.

If I connect our house cable (Comcast) to the cable on the outside, I can connect the inside cable connect and then it goes to the Comcast little box, then to the TV. This works great, I can watch shows. Using the living room wall plate.

If I connect out house cable to Satellite and then connect Comcast little box to ANT and then to TV, ALL works great and can watch shows. Using the living room wall plate.

It seems like the bedroom one just doesn't work, no matter where I connect outside cable to? Dealer has taken off the wall plates and all looks connected properly but didn't have a toner to test connectivity while at my house. Haven't brought the trailer back to the dealer to test that.

So, question is, Which outside connection would the house cable need to be connected to, to allow living room inside wall plate to work or does it not allow a simple pass through to the bedroom wall plate? I have heard that maybe the bedroom wall plate may just be for TV/Satellite (on the roof) only? Which would only give me local channels, which really don't work in my area.

Is there a way to test connectivity without going back to dealer?

Thanks.
scott

Nuttymopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:07 PM   #2

I do believe that the bedroom connection is only for antenna use and is not connected to either of the outside connections. I could be wrong but that is my take on it.

Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 gas
Sailor Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:15 AM   #3

Thanks. Just working 2 jobs, I never have time to bring the trailer back to dealer to check and test. I have since run a cable up and over everything to make it work while watching in bed. I do not see us ever using just the antenna with the trailer.
Nuttymopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:23 PM   #4

My bedroom tv works when the cable is plugged into the top connector on the outside. The main tv also works on the same connection.