Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2015, 06:39 PM   #1

TV sound does not feed through ceiling speakers

I have my wall-mounted TV working now (after getting the wall bracket mounted and the TV on it) but the sound does not come through the coach's ceiling speakers.

I have not tried playing a DVD through the DVD player to see if that works yet. I have tried using the remote to the DVD player to find the set up menu (which I think is necessary to program the TV installation) and can't get the set up menu on the DVD player to appear in order to do this.

I'm taking the trailer in for a couple of minor things and will ask about this, but thought I'd try getting the TV to work my self. The AM/FM radio works through the ceiling speakers but the TV does not. I have double checked the audio and video cables from the TV to the wall jacks. Maybe this is my problem.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2016 Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL
Gary G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:40 PM   #2
I go RV'ing not Camping

you would need to put the red/white cable into the Tv Audio out. Then the reverse into the trailer stereo, Red/white into the Aux in and it should work.

My trailer only worked in the ceiling speakers when playing a dvd, which is how it was wired from the factory.

Unfortunately you can't have it both ways without re-wiring
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:04 PM   #3

you could do it if your tv has a dedicated headphone jack. route it into your aux on the trailer stereo, and route all of your gaming systems and DVD players directly into the tv. tv will take care of the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dearchristopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:52 PM   #4

The sound plays through the speakers while watching a DVD that's played on the built in unit. If you want it to play through the speakers while watching regular tv you have to use the headphone jack on the radio and the audio out on your tv.

Run Free Sweet Riley 2009-2015

Visit our blog for more information and details!
www.kels4g.com
Kels4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:33 PM   #5

Headphone jack on tv to aux input on radio/DVD player. Works great for me!
martinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:44 PM   #6

You might go and check your set-up menu on your tv. Our Hemisphere is covered for winter now, but I believe to get the sound to come through the ceiling or outside speakers' I had to turn the tv speaker to "off" so that the sound is routed through the receiver......I have to go through it all and re-fresh my memory every season. :0/
Old 02-09-2016, 12:23 PM   #7

Our speakers only work with the DVD player, we could never get regular tv to stream through the surround sound
Livnlrg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:41 PM   #8

Surround sound on tv?

I ran a connection out from the tv headphone to the DVD AUX input slot. Switch the radio/DVD function to AUX. You will have surround sound!
martinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:42 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas451 View Post
You might go and check your set-up menu on your tv. Our Hemisphere is covered for winter now, but I believe to get the sound to come through the ceiling or outside speakers' I had to turn the tv speaker to "off" so that the sound is routed through the receiver......I have to go through it all and re-fresh my memory every season. :0/
This was also true with our Sierra. The TV had line out jacks with wires connected to them and the stereo, but to get sound out of the jacks, the internal speakers had to be turned off. This was done in the TV menu under audio.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:32 PM   #10

Our setup requires the TV audio out (red & white cables) to be routed to the audio or Aux in jacks in the stereo. Then to listen thru your ceiling speakers you have to change the stereo to Aux input. Turning down the TV volume might be desired also.
Hope this helps.

Traveling the highways & bi-ways . . .
with our girls, the maltese pups .
Happy Trails
2Vals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:15 PM   #11

Ours is in getting warranty work done. One of the items on the list was no sound from outside speakers. The dealer called with an update. They had to replace the entire stereo system. It wasn't putting output to the c (outside speakers) output.
palidin40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:56 AM   #12
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by palidin40 View Post
Ours is in getting warranty work done. One of the items on the list was no sound from outside speakers. The dealer called with an update. They had to replace the entire stereo system. It wasn't putting output to the c (outside speakers) output.
All new stereo...can't complain about that!!
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 12:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by palidin40 View Post
What model do you have? My new 2016 356QB just had the outside speakers quit working. They light up, but no sound. I have checked all wires and the appear to be good connections. They don't work with radio or dvd.
camplight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 01:00 PM   #14

I just had my 2016 hemisphere in for warranty work and that was one of the issues. No sound to outdoor speakers. They ended up replacing the entire radio. It had no output to the c channel
palidin40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 05:23 PM   #15

I also use a connector from TV headphone jack to aux port on stereo...work fine.