Old 06-05-2015, 01:27 PM   #1

Water Going The Wrong Way

During my second camping trip, I noticed that the freshwater tank was being filled from the city water connection. It actually went from 1/3 to full during a 3 day stay.

I known there is a check valve to prevent city water getting into the freshwater tank while on full hookups. Is it part of the pump or is it located somewhere else?

Old 06-05-2015, 02:06 PM   #2

It's in the pump head. You might try shutting off the shore water and run the pump to see if the check valve in the pump resets itself. Don't have the pump on when shore water is supplied.

Old 06-05-2015, 02:35 PM   #3

Thanks! The pump had been off all the time. After I noticed the problem I disconnected the city water and turned the pump on and opened some faucets. I then turned the pump off again, reconnected the city water but water continued to get into the tank. I guess it could be construction debris in the valve which we all know is a gift from the "craftsmen" at the factory.

Last time I did dry camping was some 20 years ago so I might just install an inline on/off valve at the pump outlet. That will be an easy fix.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:49 PM   #4

city water filling freash water tank

if the pump was replaced and re-installed backwards this would happen, as i found out
Old 06-09-2015, 03:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAF44 View Post
Thanks! The pump had been off all the time. After I noticed the problem I disconnected the city water and turned the pump on and opened some faucets. I then turned the pump off again, reconnected the city water but water continued to get into the tank. I guess it could be construction debris in the valve which we all know is a gift from the "craftsmen" at the factory.

Last time I did dry camping was some 20 years ago so I might just install an inline on/off valve at the pump outlet. That will be an easy fix.
If you have the winterization valve and hose and the hose has a plug or cap in/on it you could switch over to the winterization mode temporarily and that will keep your holding tank from filling up back through the pump. The head of the pump comes off easily and the soft silicone backflow preventer might just be curled under. I found this on my pump and easily fixed without getting a new pump. Just a thought.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:33 PM   #6

Thank you! I found out that the pump is under the sink and very easy to get at. I'll do the surgery this weekend and see if I can fix it.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:38 PM   #7
Mod free 5er

Being a dc motor, it may have the leads reversed.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:19 PM   #8

Water going wrong way

When I turn my pump on it pumps water out of the city water hookup. I have a 23' Wildwood 2007.

Is there a "back flow" valve that may be stuck open?

No dealers near me to ask.

Thanks

Bud
Old 06-17-2015, 11:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlefisher View Post
When I turn my pump on it pumps water out of the city water hookup. I have a 23' Wildwood 2007.

Is there a "back flow" valve that may be stuck open?

No dealers near me to ask.

Thanks

Bud
There's a little check at that city water connection. Remove the screen/washer, and press the little stem to reset it. If that doesn't work, if replace it.

jtstromsburg is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
water