Old 04-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #1

Water issues

I have a 2002 Salem Light 23ft. A few major problems. 1) If the hot water heater is left on longer than 15 minutes hot water gushes out the side of the water heater. 2) Hardly any pressure to the toilet. 3) When the kitchen sink drains I get a puddle in the bathroom. Prob is I cant find any actual "pipes" to check for breaks or leaks. Suggestions? On a budget and already have to replace the cooling unit in the fridge as it is(doesnt get cold, bright yellow powder near cooling unit.

sayduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #2

When you first turn on your hot water heater, the cold water expands. So, if you don't use any before it gets hot, the water expands and has to go somewhere. Rather than have a line explode inside the camper, the relief valve on the outside of the heater releases some of that pressure. That is the water you see "gushing" out. No worries.
Can't help on the other issues. Sorry.

bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #3

So I probably need to replace the pressure valve, correct?
sayduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #4

I have had two tts. Neither of the tts would spew water, but I guess I could see were they might bleed of a little pressure off. It does seem like the value could be bad if it pops open and does not close back off.
Frankm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #5

My first tt was a used 96 model. I had water pressure issues. I had to clean the little screens on every item. Of course the toilet doesn't have the screens, but it could have some build up slowing the flow. I'd check the cutoff value first.
Frankm2 is offline   Reply With Quote