Old 06-11-2018, 06:29 PM   #1

Water Leak

In my new 286RL 5th wheel, I have a leak (I think) in the pass through storage area that I can't figure out where it's coming from. There are 4 Pex lines visible in there along with the 2" vanity drain line. 1 hot water (Red) line and 1 cold water (Blue) line go to the vanity. The other 2 blue lines, I'm not sure. They go up into the area where the bathtub/Shower would be but why not 1 Red and 1 Blue? None of these are leaking that I can tell. I put paper towels around the 90 degree connectors, ran water through the city water connection like I was hooked up at the campground and they stayed dry, as did the lines themselves, however while camping and using the city water connection at the campground, I had water pooling on top of a plastic storage tub two different nights but the same connections felt dry. I'm stumped how water is pooling on the tub but I can't find a leak. Thoughts anyone?

RobH063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:43 PM   #2

Mine is similar. If it is like mine, the two extra lines are for the black-flush backflow preventer device.

I had the same pool of water once when I had the backflush running at some incredibly high psi for 20 min. Afterwards I realized I need to start using a regulator on my black flush hose.

Never had the problem again.

Pic shows looking up my vanity sink. The black thing in the center is the valve.

Not sure if this applies to your rig but wanted to share my experience. Click image for larger version

Name:	bathsink2.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	175505

2011 Starcraft 392BHU w/Andersen No-Sway hitch
chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:44 PM   #3

Your paper towel idea is a good start. Are you certain it's not the drain that is dripping?
B&W Companion 20K for OEM pucks.
SecretSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:57 PM   #4
Carknocker Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Your paper towel idea is a good start. Are you certain it's not the drain that is dripping?
My thought also, check the drain
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:48 AM   #5

No, I'm not certain it isn't the drain. I can't tell what is causing it. I'll have to do some more investigating. The water is coming from somewhere.
RobH063 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak