Old 07-10-2018, 03:42 PM   #1

water leak in shower???

Hi everyone, I have a pretty big problem. I just bought a new Salem Hemisphere 337 Bar a couple of months ago. Using it for the first time this week and after taking shower the floor in the bedroom is all wet. Has anyone run into this problem? There doesn't seem to be any cracks in the tub and sealant around the tub looks ok. Can anyone advise on what I could look for to remedy this. Thanks.

Pierre C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:47 PM   #2

If you or your kids let the shower head in the floor when open, water can go through the plastic base-floor/wall joint ....

" Life is simpler when you plow around the stump..."
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:10 PM   #3

Thanks to this forum, we found the access panel to the shower near floor on the outside of the shower. Removed panel with regular screw driver.

A nimble relative looked underneath and found that the pipe that should have been attached at the 90 degree elbow was not attached. So instead of going down the drain, it was pooling on the floor.

Luckily he agreed to do the contortions necessary to reattach the pipe. While he was down there, he also tightened the black water pipe which was loose.

Don't know if that's your problem, but you might want to take a look.

2015 Dynamax REV 24TB class C
2nd rig 2006 Toyota Tundra &
2010 Cikira 21RB 19' travel trailer
Reverse_snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:36 AM   #4

The problem I had on mine was apparently the walls are put in first and then the tub so water was running down the walls and passed the lip on the tub, I sealed between the lip and the wall, no more leak. The tub should have been put in first and the walls put in over the lip so water running down the wall ran into the tub.

2014 Grey Wolf 21RR
jd50i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:22 AM   #5
"On the road again"

Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
One problem I've heard about on many Forest River products is the sliding glass rail at the bottom of the shower has been put in backwards...with the "drain holes" facing out and dumping water onto the floor rather than facing inward to dump the water back into the shower.

You might check that.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Cardinal 3456RLX - '17 Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate - DRW w/B&W OEM Companion hitch
Nights Camping 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015 & 2016 & 2017 & 2018: 834 ~ Nights Camping 2019: 97
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Thanks to this forum, we found the access panel to the shower near floor on the outside of the shower. Removed panel with regular screw driver.

A nimble relative looked underneath and found that the pipe that should have been attached at the 90 degree elbow was not attached. So instead of going down the drain, it was pooling on the floor.

Luckily he agreed to do the contortions necessary to reattach the pipe. While he was down there, he also tightened the black water pipe which was loose.

Don't know if that's your problem, but you might want to take a look.
Agree,while you have the cover off for the inspection also have someone step into the shower and move around like they are showering! Watch the floor of the shower for Movement Up/Down around the Drain! If movement your TRAP will either Come loose or Break if the Floor Pan of shower is not "SUPPORTED"! Youroo!!
Old 07-11-2018, 06:57 AM   #7

water leak in shower???

I just bought a new puma. I had to take the whole shower glass surround off. They did not caulk properly and the water was just dripping through in the corners. Nothing is plum in these things. I also had to take shower apart in my last new camper I bought in 2015.
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:06 AM   #8

We had a problem similar to what Rjshiflet described; however, our rail is installed in the proper direction.

In our case, the rail has a nice bead of caulk on the inside but nothing on the edges or outside. Water could get under the edges of the rail and it way out was the floor.

I sealed the entire bottom rail. The floor stays dry now.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:07 AM   #9

Took out the bottom drawer and looked inside and it looks like the water could be coming from the taps in the shower. I will remove plate around taps to see if I can access the pipes. Hope it works. Gotta stop this water because it is running along bedroom wall and has carpet all wet. Wish me luck.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:20 AM   #10

Can anyone tell me exactly where the access panel for the bathroom is in the Salem Hemisphere 337 Bar. Thanks
Old 07-11-2018, 01:01 PM   #11

Water leak in shower

In my wildwood lodge the shower hose came out of the top of the faucets which is not sealed. I turned the assy. Over to stop the leak
terrypoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:50 PM   #12

fyi

I had a hemisphere and had the same problem...check the seal under the door#1...#2 mine had a seal around the door that was pieced together and there was a small gap which I had to fix....good luck with the hemisphere,go thru it thouroly...found a lot of hack jobs in mine.....
Old 07-11-2018, 03:31 PM   #13

Just found mine, it was the o-ring seal on the fitting to the faucet. Cold water to be pacific.Of course tried tightening as the previous owner did, then removed the fitting to find the o-ring not seating correctly, from the looks of it, this had been a long time issue, from the factory. removed all the covers to locate it. Not much space but "gotter done"
Old 07-13-2018, 11:04 AM   #14

I have the same problem. 2018 Salem Hemisphere 272RL. Noticed wet carpet in the main slide near the table. Thought it was from washing dishes at the island and getting the floor wet. After several trips and still sometimes noticing wet carpet, we found out it was the shower faucet fixture. The hot water line coming into the back of the shower faucet fixture had a bad o-ring. Will contact Forest River next week about warranty repair. I jut hope the floor is not damaged. We have been on about 8 trips since new and I think it was leaking the whole time. I think it just depended on how level the camper was as to whether we noticed wet carpet or if the water was running to another area?

Name:   IMG_20180704_155907722.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  11.5 KB
adkinsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:33 AM   #15

^^^^^^^^ Same problem with my Hemisphere. Connection was loose INSIDE the wall and water leaking under the wall andon the floor in the main living area and was unable to remove the faucet from the tub area due to the factory stapling the line on a stud and no movement to remove. the Dealer had to Peel The Wall back out of the way to get to the connections that were inside the wall.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:24 PM   #16

When I took delivery of my 2016 Cardinal there was a hairline crack in the floor of the shower. It was not visible to the eye until someone stood in the shower and moved around, and then you could barely see it. Forest River authorized a local tub and shower repair company to come to my home and they epoxy sealed it with a color matched epoxy and solved the problem.
card16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 05:17 AM   #17

Problem found, ring behind hot water in shower was not tight enough. Once fixed, problem solved. Also found a loose ring under bathroom sink, leak just waiting to happen. Thank you all for your advice. So much appreciated.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:40 PM   #18

Hey, just got back from another trip. I screwed the hot water 90 degree fitting back onto the faucet fixture. I can barely pull enough of the whole faucet fixture out of the shower wall where the leak just drips down into the shower. That got us through this weekend. It should be enough room for them to change the 90 degree fitting without having to pull back the wall. I just hope we will not have floor damage in future from the massive leak.

adkinsj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, show, shower, water, water leak